There are quite a few ManyRequests alternatives that offer core functionality your agency needs to successfully productize its service.
ManyRequests is good at what they do, that’s why they are one of the most well-known agency client portal platforms out there. Let’s look at the 10 ManyRequest alternatives for productizing services and see how their basic plans compare.
Before we start on learning about the alternatives, let's first answer the question "What is ManyRequests?".
ManyRequests in its essence is an all-in-one agency management and client portal software.
The software is designed for agencies and service-based firms that want to handle client demands, accept payments, and provide a fully configurable client portal in one location.
It's a self-hosted solution, so it's not subject to the restrictions of SaaS solutions. It also gives you full control over all data, projects, and clients. With 2GB storage space, Many Requests can handle ten projects.
It has the most basic features, such as security settings and domain customization for the lowest tier.
ManyRequests is ideal for Small, medium businesses and agencies.
For the starter plan, prices start at 59$ a month for up to 2 user accounts.
While searching for alternatives to ManyRequests you must make sure to keep the following features in mind:
1. Fully customizable:
- Impress your clients with a client area that feels like your own app.
- Use your own branding and domain name
- Create onboarding screens
- Create custom menus (Coming soon)
2. Manage all your clients in one place:
- Get an overview of all your clients, their ongoing projects, and their details.
- Invite clients and their team members
- Add tags, edit client information, send announcements
- Assign an account manager to each client
3. Storage and invoices:
- Your clients can now easily access their project deliverables, upload new files, and access their invoices at all times.
- Let clients upload their files (branding assets)
- Let clients find their request deliverables easily
- Clients can access their invoices at all times
4. Embed dashboards and reports:
- Easily show results or project planning to your clients by embedding reports and dashboards to their portal.
- Share Google Data Studio
- Embed Airtable
- Embed anything with iframes (soon)
1. Client intake forms
- These are fully customizable to make sure you have the greatest freedom while creating your forms
- Impress your clients with a client area that feels like your own personal app and not outsourced.
- Gives the option to let clients purchase one off or recurring services
- The form will integrate directly with Stripe to make the payment system smooth and flawless
2. Checkout forms
- You have the option to embed a checkout form to your pricing page or send payment links.
- You are able to create one off or recurring services
- You can upsell your clients to go for a more expensive plan
- Create coupons easily
3. Get paid easily
- Connect your Stripe account and start accepting payments in minutes.
- Integrate with Stripe or accept manual payments
- Easily migrate your existing subscriptions and clients
- Zero commissions on payments except Stripe fees
4. Other features
- Track conversions
- Set up taxes and currencies
- Auto-generate invoices after payments
HANDLING CLIENT REQUESTS
1. Stay on top of client requests
- Impress your clients with a client area that feels like your own app.
- Get a clear overview of all ongoing work
- Use quick filters to check workload and assign new tasks
- Tag requests
2. Delegate tasks to your team:
- Easily delegate tasks and keep an eye on the workload.
- Auto-assign requests to team members
- Add internal comments
- Share files with your clients and show files preview
3. Keep your clients in the loop:
- One single thread for every task.
- Due dates and priorities
- Send notifications to your clients
- Let your clients reply via email to task updates
- Make client communication more efficient and save time.
- Create custom status
- Change request status automatically based on certain actions
- Auto-responder (Coming soon)
- Connect with your existing apps and tools and automate your work.
- Send new client notifications to your Slack
- Send payments to your accounting software
2. Referral programs: Make client communication more efficient and save time.
3. Live chat: Embed your live chat software to your checkout forms and client portal
4. Soon to arrive integrations
- Xero: For all your accounting needs
- Quickbooks: Account software package
- ActiveCampaign: For automizing you client experience
- Google Analytics: To track and report your website traffic
Pros and Cons
- The user interface is very modern and aesthetic. It makes itself very easy for you to implement ManyRequests for your business.
- The tool is fully Whitelabel. You can use your domain, email, logo and branding to make it look like you own the portal!
- You can automate everything with Zapier and connect with your existing tools.
- New integrations are updated regularly.
- Fast support (same business day) and custom features are available to fully fit your workflow.
- The app features several integrations (including Zapier) but doesn’t have a public API
- Does not support translations
- It is created mainly for agencies and there are better alternatives for freelancers
In many cases, without a dedicated team, you will be overwhelmed with ManyRequests platform. You’ll end up procrastinating, not using it, and wasting your precious budget.
The following alternatives to ManyRequests will give you the necessary tools to help you to sell your productized services to the maximum number of clients.
ClientVenue is an end-to-end solution for businesses that are looking to deliver productized services for their clients. It helps agencies and freelancers in managing their clients in an end-to-end format. Right from first contact to managing invoices and managing monthly revenue.
It is fully in control over who you work with. You can set your requirements and service levels for client onboarding by creating customized RFP templates based on the project scope.
For me it is the ideal software whether you are an entrant in the space or an established player. If you're looking to make maximum gains off your productized service, ClientVenue is the solution your organization needs.
You also can view all past conversations in one place, not just in email but by adding notes, viewing files (PDFs or videos), task lists and the value you bring to your clients with ClientVenue.
It enables you to see your payment history and quickly access each project along with all the relevant information you need to grow your business.
ClientVenue will allow you to work closely with your clients without having them involved in the process of how their job gets done or dealing with any invoicing.
You will be able to manage communication, tasks, payments easily able to establish trust and gain your clients’ confidence in you.
ClientVenue is a complete package. It works based on features such as Project Management, scheduling, billing, invoicing and payment reminders all rolled into one integrated system so you don’t have to manage multiple tools for the various functions required in managing your ability to communicate more efficiently with your clients and generate increased revenue.
Clientvenue does a perfect job and has integrated with the best tools to link with your organization ensuring clarity in communication and seamless integration to make sure both you and your client are on the same page at all times.
To learn more on how to use ClientVenue as a digital agency: WATCH THIS
One thing I absolutely love about ClientVenue is that whenever they release a new feature or service they always go through the effort of explaining them in detail through a short video on YouTube.
For Example: Feature Release: Project's Restrict Mode
I must say that this software is actually extremely versatile and would recommend it for freelancers, agencies and small to medium businesses.
Pricing starts at $39/month with (unlimited clients) at Lite Plan. Go through the below image to see more on what they offer with each plan.
- Customizable invoices
- White labeling your Agency Portal is easier than never before
- Using Custom Webhooks
- Setting up Email Notifications
- Easy integration with Slack, Stripe, Tawk.to, Facebook Pixel and more
- Incredible customer support and prompt service
- Since it is recent in this space, currently there are fewer customization options.
- One feature missing right now is accounting integration which I have heard is to be added soon.
- The visual design is extremely simple and even though it is not dull, it still has room to be better
17hats is a business process automation solution. It's a tool designed for small businesses with fewer employees to manage operations like billing, scheduling, and meetings without relying too heavily on paper.
17hats solutions allow you to concentrate solely on your task. As a result, motivated individuals working alone can considerably profit from this tool.
Photographers, in particular, have found 17hats to be a very valuable tool for managing all of the processes required when dealing with various clientele.
Billing and scheduling are core functions provided by this platform. In addition, you can make your life easier with the help of business apps from third-party providers such as Slack or Dropbox.
The tool features a dashboard for management decisions. Furthermore, customers can create automated workflows to manage every step in a project at one-time billing, and project management tools are available in the basic plan. You can upgrade to Plus or Pro plans based on your needs.
17hats offers a free trial option for anyone who wishes to test all functions of this tool before deciding to switch from ManyRequests.
Best For: Entrepreneurs with small companies.
Pricing starts at $13/month for the Level One Plan (Free CRM included for life).
- Everything is automated.
- Create invoices and automate monthly billing.
- Supports multiple users.
- Integrates with several payment gateways to automate payments.
- All-in-one solution for booking, invoicing, and workflow management.
- It is extremely cumbersome when it comes to project management for production companies.
- Customer service is only through text messaging or email and responses can take up to 3 hours.
- The booking function doesn't have all the features.
- The quality of their bookkeeping too is not as thorough or complete as other accounting software.
3. Hello Bonsai
Hello Bonsai is a popular project management tool for freelancers. It offers freelance proposals and contracts. It claims to handle your freelance invoices and payments and helps you with tracking your expenses.
It helps you manage your clients and leads. Also, it’s a project management app and time tracker. Essentially, Hello Bonsai is designed to help you with every aspect of your freelancing.
A better online time tracker for freelancing professionals by tracking the actual project that is being worked on- with screenshots, active minutes tracked, and an automated timesheet calculator.
You can also track your billing and payment schedule with Hello Bonsai. Export of data is available for both paid apps (HelloBonsai & Privy).
If you are looking for an app that will easily handle multiple users, project requirements is a customer communication tool built for marketers and agencies. HelloBonsai should definitely be on your list.
It makes it easy to collect your prospects’ contact information and build custom “Capture Pages” without any design or technical skills.
It integrates with many marketing tools such as MailChimp, AWeber, GetResponse, ActiveCampaign, and GoToWebinar to make everything accessible from your app itself.
Pricing starts at $19/month and there’s a 14-day free trial on offer.
According to me, it is best suited for Small businesses and Freelancers. There are better alternatives for bigger organizations for sure.
- It's very feature-rich.
- It also has a comprehensive tax and accounting system (which you must purchase as an add-on), which can save you a lot of time.
- They have an iOS and Android app as well.
- The application is designed for freelancers.
- It may not be the best tool for managing an agency if you have a large number of team members or tasks.
Dubsado is an all-in-one business management tool that lets you send contracts and invoices, manage projects, create questionnaires and other forms, track time, send and receive emails, and so much more all from one app.
With its easy-to-use features, Dubsado is the perfect tool for small business owners who need help with managing projects, time tracking, invoicing, and more.
It is best for Small businesses, Freelancers and Agencies. It's easy to use for both business owners and employees. You can get real-time alerts directly on your phone about projects that are new or due.
Best For Small and medium businesses and Freelancers
Pricing starts at $35/month and there is an unlimited free trial.
- It has a lot of features and customizations available.
- You can also use the tool for free up to 3 clients which is great if you’re starting.
- Customizable fillable forms
- Automation and scheduler function.
- Ability to create Client Portals
- White-label branding ability
- Amazing customer service
- Some user reviews noted that there can be quite a learning curve to start using the tool and the user interface can be cluttered at times.
- There’s also no mobile app.
- The software is constantly having bugs and errors.
Plutio is a small business and freelancer-friendly all-in-one business management software. It's an easy-to-use platform with advanced tools that let users manage their businesses, communicate with consumers, and interact with teams all in one location.
The platform is well-known for being a dependable, well-organized, and simple-to-use productivity tool.
Plutio is a highly customizable software that includes everything a user could need, from projects and tasks to proposals and invoicing features.
To run a business, the software eliminates the need to switch between various apps or handle multiple subscriptions. Plutio combines all of the tools into one platform, allowing users to integrate their existing apps with a single click.
Pricing starts at $15/month which is very accessible for freelancers. Add-ons start from $9/month.
- It has a nice proposal capability, can auto-generate a project with tasks
- Their interface is very sleek and easy to use.
- They are constantly releasing new features.
- It features templates so you can save time when making contracts and proposals.
- It is feature-packed and the team behind it is very active and responsive.
- It seems mostly geared towards freelancers. If you run an agency and have a lot of internal collaboration, the tool might not be the best suited for that purpose.
- The inability to easily change the view of a project board (this is a feature available in other project management tools).
- No stopwatch feature within the platform to keep track of the time.
- It was a little difficult to get things set up initially and there was a steep learning curve to get full use out of this.
Agiled is a business and project management tool that allows customers to manage their entire business from a single location. CRM, HRM, Financial Management, Projects, and Task Management, Contracts, and Professional Proposals are all available with Agiled.
Along with Zapier, Integrate, and Custom Webhooks, Agiled features a lot of native integrations. Agiled allows businesses to manage their operations in one central location.
Agiled works well for different industries, including creative agencies, consultants, freelancers, etc. It is also very helpful when you have multiple clients because it enables you to send invoices out to them automatically.
It allows you to input time manually or by using the hours tracking tool. It has a great user interface allowing you to add projects from emails in real-time.
Best For: Small and medium-sized businesses, Agencies, and Freelancers
Pricing starts at $7/month which makes it one of the most affordable solutions for businesses that are just starting.
- The UI is easy to use so there is not a big learning curve to adopt the tool.
- It has robust reports and financial management features which help to give you a clear overview of how your business is doing.
- 100% White Labelling Option with Custom Domain and SMTP.
- Agiled App is a new tool and has fewer customizations options.
- The only feature missing is wave accounting and payment integration.
- The visual design also feels a little flat and boring with limited options for customization.
SuiteDash is a cloud-based platform that allows users to share files from virtually anyplace and at any time. It's one of the most sophisticated business management and customer portal solutions available to help you get things done more efficiently. Private chat, client administration, time tracking, and bill creation are all included in this software to help you work smarter.
The integration of all relevant technologies, such as CRM, ERP or MES with a few core business management applications into one cloud-based software platform where the tools are already pre-built and ready to use helps to alleviate the problem of employing multiple tool sets for various areas of the company.
- Manage your time, projects, and business with ease using this app.
- You may personalize the client portal you create to meet your specific preferences.
- With its bill and invoice choices, you may effortlessly track and modify bills.
- It also enables you to offer clients the option of viewing their invoices and bills online.
- Allow customers to view and download the post files and documents.
- SuiteDash has a wealth of functions, such as white label branding, built-in calendar and live chat.
This software comes with a free trial of 14 days & its paid plan starts at $19/month.
Manage client access to your tasks and projects, update them on your progress, and keep them informed. All communication takes place in one place, so you don't have to sift through emails and chats for bits and pieces.
You can also invoice your clients directly from the project! This is where you do Real Work in front of your clients, and they can see it!
ActiveCollab is one of the best alternatives for a focused project management tool that offers great customization options for different types of businesses.
It is an excellent option for teams working on complicated projects because it can be customized to fit any workflow.
You can use it to turn quotes into proposals, track time spent on tasks, invoice clients after purchase, and generate reports about the project status with the help of ActiveCollab.
It is aimed at small teams with big responsibilities, freelancers who need to stay on top of their projects and clients.
If you are looking for a very simple tool that does not have many customizations options then ActiveCollab can be the top choice for you.
Best For: Small and medium organizations and teams.
Pricing starts at $9/month (for up to 3 members) for the Plus plan or $7 per member. They also have a free plan which is great for personal use (with up to 3 seats).
- The tool is focused on project management and collaboration with extensive features such as recurring tasks, templates, calendars, reports, and customizations.
- Great tool for managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Great dashboard, different types of reports, milestone preview.
- Clean UI and superb UX that makes onboarding new, casual users a breeze.
- There is no white label client portal software.
- There are no forms (apart from estimates) or contracts/proposals.
- While pricing may seem low, if you have a lot of clients it can become a very expensive solution.
- Lack of integration with GitHub or another version of the control system.
- Upgrades have been a bit buggy and while the team is responsive.
Bloom is the easiest platform to streamline booking, invoicing, and communication with your clientele. It exists to help creatives run an efficient and profitable online business.
It was built with a powerful business management and growth toolset in mind, giving creatives access to modern and robust technology, all in one place.
It is built with freelancers in mind, however, it can be used by any person who wants to track their time on different projects.
It is built based on the idea of "Time Tracking & Billing Automation" which lets you turn your client billing into a streamlined process that saves you both money and time.
It built a powerful business management and growth toolset, giving creatives access to modern and robust technology, all in one place.
Best For: Agencies and freelancers.
Pricing starts with a Free Plan for the Starter (with 1 active project/bookings), Standard Plan starts at $39/month (with unlimited active projects/bookings).
- Sleek and easy-to-use interface.
- Built-in website chat messenger.
- Revolutionary forms that do the selling for you.
- Includes a website builder and image galleries.
- Currently, the app is only available on iOS.
- The website builder is still in Beta.
- No Multiple brands and multi-user support.
Monday.com is an open platform that connects teams with custom-built solutions to break down communication barriers, advance projects, and align everyone engaged.
All progress updates, budget approvals, and more are accessible from a single platform, allowing you to understand where all of your team's work stands at a glance.
It lets you access vital information and make better data-driven decisions quickly whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go without wifi.
monday.com is the best tool to keep track of time spent on different tasks and your progress. The solution helps you to measure team performance, improve processes and make informed decisions.
You can also manage contacts by finding new business or linking with your client's Google accounts, which makes it easy for them to have everything they need in one place.
It helps you to manage your workflow, collaborate with team members and track the progress of projects. It is an all-in-one solution
It lets you access vital information and make better data-driven decisions quickly whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go without wifi.
Best For: A multitude of teams, big, small, and cross-functional, in a variety of industries worldwide.
Pricing starts with a Free Plan with 2 seats, unlimited boards, and 200+ templates.
- Automations and the ease of collaborating across boards and tasks.
- Easy to track the progress of every project
- The drag and drop feature is the best quality of life adjustment I have come across
- The customer support team is Stellar!
- “Infoboxes" feature is limited.
- Pricing is very confusing and it was very hard at the beginning to figure out how much I was paying for what.
- Absence of a "repeating or scheduled task".
- The reporting mechanism is not on point.
Now that I’ve given you all the alternatives to ManyRequests, I would now like to expand a bit on my personal favourite out of these which is ClientVenue!
Why Should You Go With ClientVenue?
Customer acquisition is becoming increasingly difficult, and many brands have found that generating a bespoke marketing plan for every customer leads to over-complicated processes, manual data entry, and little return on investment.
One of the most popular Customer Management Platforms available is ClientVenue. It's one of the most powerful and user-friendly Client Management Platforms currently on the market, having been utilized by a variety of businesses to optimize the delivery of their services.
It has an edge over others since it distinguishes itself by:
1.Helping you create the easiest onboarding experience for your client
- The first impression is usually the most effective method for you to retain your customer before the project even begins.
- A professional demeanor and a sense of expertise emanate from a smooth Client Onboarding Procedure.
- ClientVenue's integrated client automated onboarding process will help you focus more on how your organization scales rather than getting stuck doing routine work.
2. Easy to view Services section
- The payment method of each service is listed next to it. As a result, you may discover all of your company's services in one place under this tab.
- With only a few clicks, you may quickly generate preview links for your clients. The client only has to click on the link to see how far you've progressed on the task.
3. Integrates with the best known tools available on the web
Clientvenue does a phenomenal job and preselects for you the best tools to link your organization ensuring clarity in communication and seamless integration to ensure both you and your client are on the same page at all times.
- You just need to sign up for any tool (for eg. Slack) and it will seamlessly link to your ClientVenue workspace.
- Simply enter ClientVenue with the one-of-a-kind reference code, a live website or your licensed licence details, and it will handle the rest.
- Furthermore, this list is not exhaustive since Clientvenue is continuously integrating more and more vital tools such as Hubspot and LiveChat, to mention a few.
4. Personalized Workspaces
- Personalized workspaces allow you to neatly arrange all your projects in one place without having to keep multiple tabs open at once.
- The neat interface coupled with the simple to use design allows for you to eliminate the need for maintaining extensive records.
You can include both services provided outside the client and from within the client seamlessly along with having a record of archived and completed projects as well.
You will be able to see all your projects which are automatically subdivided into:
- Internal: To be used within your organization
- External: To be done for a client
- Archived: Projects archived by you
- Completed: Completed projects
While creating a project you can even add teammates and edit all these details as soon as the need arises.
5. Minimalistic and to the point dashboard
- ClientVenue’s dashboard is minimalistic and gives clear information on the most important parameters defining your success.
- With clear visibility of your number of clients, number of services and revenue; it is the best way to know where you are on one screen itself.
- It also includes a reminder if any due tasks are to be submitted soon to make sure you don’t miss any important submissions!
6. Client Handling Portal
- Your screen will show all your clients, the number of services, the contact details of their representatives, the due payment status, the name of projects assigned and whether they are active or not.
- You will be able to edit all this client information whenever the situation calls for it. You will even be able to check out all of your requests separately under one header!
7. Restrict Project Mode
It is a new toggle button to ensure clarity in communication and to prevent the wrong manager receiving wrong information. It is just a touch of convenience which I very much appreciate.
During this mode if the tasks are not assigned to anyone or are supposed to be assigned to only a select few, you can use this button at ease.
8. Billing and Invoices
ClientVenue has a dedicated section dealing with automating your invoicing and billing through all popularly accepted payment methods like Stripe and PayPal. Once you set it up, all you need to do is periodically check the increase in your income!
You can assign multiple services to a client and can automatically access whether they are paid for or overdue.
In the Invoices tab you have complete control over each client and can have access to the following:
- You can either choose to automatically charge from the payment method registered on file or automatically send an invoice to the customer to pay manually.
- You can set a due date of payment (for example: within 15 days 30 days, 6 months etc. from when the invoice is sent).
- This section includes a separate head for overdue payments under one section so that you never miss a client who is not willing to pay!
- You can also customize your invoices by filling the additional bank and tax details up to a maximum of 5.
It's over here you will reap the benefits of ClientVenue's integration with Stripe to ensure easy to conduct payments from the source itself.
9. Share your project board with your client
To ensure transparency and transmit the progress you've been making in real time to your client you can share your board through ClientVenue's new feature.
You can choose which task details to share as shown in the picture below and all you have to do is to check boxes and send the public link.
After getting access through the public link and putting in the required pass code your client will see this:
10. Teams and Teammates
You can give your teammates 3 levels of access;
- Viewer: Can only view the project
- Editor: Can make changes wherever necessary
- Manager: Have full access to the project and is able to oversee every member
This allows you to narrow down bottlenecks and make sure each teammate is on the same page.
Projects can be assigned freely to teammates and along with their designation Clientvenue ensures you have all the tools to handle your team as efficiently as possible.
You can also activate/deactivate a teammate’s current status at a flick of a button.
Now, if I had to use my personal favourite it definitely has to be ClientVenue. Being a new entrant in this space it has managed to impress me the most with its new quality of life features and flexibility when it comes to who can use it. While some may find its design “boring”, I find it to my liking since it doesn’t clash with my work and is pleasing on the eye.
The simplicity of its interface along with the step by step guides, I have never been so comfortable selling my productized services to my clients.
To conclude, I would like to thank you for reading this far and urge you that if you are thinking of selling your productized service give ClientVenue a try.
Running an agency?
Clientvenue is an all-in-one client portal and client requests management software.Learn more