The first thing that comes to mind when you think about collaboration is email, Google Docs, and Skype.
And while these are great tools for communication, they don't provide the same level of collaboration as what's offered by a plugin for WordPress.
There are lots of collaboration tools available for WordPress, allowing you to create a more efficient and collaborative workspace.
These tools will streamline how your employees communicate with each other, saving them valuable time and boosting productivity.
What is WordPress Plugin?
WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms available on the internet. A WordPress plugin is like a module that adds additional features (functionality) to the WordPress website.
Normally plugin will be in form of a widget or an application etc. Plugins can be installed from the WordPress directory and many more resources links are present on the net, from where anyone can get their plugin.
In this post, we're going to take a look at 25 WordPress plugins that will help your team collaborate more efficiently.
1. BuddyPress Doc
BuddyPress Docs adds collaborative workspaces to your BuddyPress community. Part wiki, part document editing, part shared dropbox, think of these Docs as a BuddyPress version of the Docs service offered by the Big G.
- Docs that can be linked to groups of users, with a variety of privacy levels
- Support for fully-private document uploads
- Doc taxonomy, using tags
- Fully sortable and filterable doc lists
- TinyMCE front-end doc editing
- One-editor-at-a-time prevention against overwrites plus idle detection/autosave.
- Full access to the revision history
- Dashboard access and management of Docs for the site admin.
2. PublishPress Revisions
PublishPress Revisions gives you control over updating published content. Users can submit revisions.
You can approve or reject them. Your users can update posts using the normal WordPress editor, but their changes will not be published automatically. Instead, the changes are stored as a revision that can be approved, rejected, or scheduled.
PublishPress Revisions works with the familiar WordPress interface, including Gutenberg and the Classic Editor.
The Free version of PublishPress Revisions supports the WordPress core. The Pro version of PublishPress Revisions supports ACF, Yoast SEO, PODS
- Submit revisions for review
- Scheduled future updates to posts
- Manage and moderate changes to the content
- Compare current and former version
- Email notifications for revisions
- Frontend moderation of changes
3. Peter's post notes
Peter's Post Notes is a plugin for WordPress that makes it easy to leave notes as you edit posts or pages. You'll see the note appear in your editing area, and recipients will get notified by email when they view the post/page.
The Peter’s Collaboration E-mails add-on takes the collaboration one step further: you can send emails to collaborators when you post or edit a note in Peter’s Post Notes.
- Adds a panel to the sidebar of the add and edit post
- You can type a note to be displayed along with the post in the edit view
- The dashboard shows a summary of the most recent notes
- General and private notes system
4. Peter's Collaboration E-mails
Add-on makes it easy to send email updates to your collaborators when you edit a note in Peter’s Collaboration Emails. You can send the note as a new message or use it to update an existing thread.
This plugin enables automatic e-mails to the relevant users at the different post status transitions: when posts are pending; when they are approved or scheduled; and when their statuses are changed from “pending” back to “draft”.
- Sends an email to users when a note is updated
- Add or update private notes for collaborators
- Send notifications of new posts and updates to an existing thread.
- New notification types include scheduled publication, approval by members in the group, changes from pending back to draft status, etc.
- Ability post/update edit screen with comments box on top of the page for entering notes.
TaskBreaker is a small project management plugin for WordPress. This project management plugin is built as an add-on for BuddyPress.
- Shows a progress bar for each project
- Ability to assign multiple users for each task
- Ability to assign a BuddyPress Group into a project
- Smart task sorting base on priority and deadline
6. WordPress GitHub Sync
A WordPress GitHub Sync plugin to sync content with a GitHub repository (or Jekyll site) Ever wish you could collaboratively author content for your WordPress site (or expose change history publicly and accept pull requests from your readers)?
Looking to tinker with Jekyll, but wish you could use WordPress’s best-of-breed web editing interface instead of Atom?
WordPress GitHub Sync is a WordPress plugin that makes it easy to deploy or update a site from/to GitHub and/or any Git-supported web hosting service.
- Allows content publishers to version their content in GitHub, exposing “who made what change when” to readers
- Allows non-technical writers to draft and edit a Jekyll site in WordPress’s best-of-breed editing interface
- Deploy or update your website from/to any Git service (GitHub included)
- Supports importing images from a GitHub repository
Reference is a WordPress Knowledgebase plugin that helps you manage your Knowledgebase articles quickly. Create and organize each of your articles based on their topics.
The ‘Breadcrumb’ feature gives your users a secondary navigation menu that helps your readers scan through your documentation and to view more content at a faster rate.
This plugin uses the ‘WordPress Menu System’ in giving you convenience in creating ‘Table of Contents’ for your knowledge base.
- Create, manage and organize your Knowledgebase articles in WordPress
- Breadcrumbs Navigation Menu to help users scan through documentation quickly.
- Table of Contents Shortcode with the ability to add post types as topics for each article.
- Drag-n-drop support when creating a table of contents within a set number of levels.
8. Note Press
Note Press is an extremely easy-to-use note system for the WordPress Admin panel. Creating to-do lists, leaving instructions for clients, collecting code snippets, or collaborating with other users are just a few of the uses for Note Press.
You can even give access to Note Press for your Authors, Contributors, and Editors. Unlike other note plugins, Note Press keeps things extremely simple by using features familiar to all WordPress users.
Simply click on the Note Press button on the Admin Menu and view a list of all notes. Or visit the dashboard to view Sticky Notes in any color. You can even send an email update when you edit a note in Peter’s Post Notes plugin or use it to store a list of posts.
- Creates Sticky Notes on the WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Choose the color of note created
- The only way that users can see notes sent to them is through a sticky note.
- Add or update private notes for collaborators using Note Press Plugin.
- New notification types include scheduled publication, approval by members in the group, and changes from pending back-end revisions.
- Quickly add a new post to your site from within the WordPress Admin Dashboard using Quick Post by MyBlogU Pro plugin, allowing you to type in text and publish it directly on your website all from one screen.
9. Kaltura All-in-one Video Plugin for WordPress
The Kaltura plugin is an all-in-one video solution to embed videos in your posts. It includes a built-in HTML editor for easy customization of your player, with theme color support and full integration into the Media Library of WordPress.
All this takes place on one screen where you can also easily configure playlists. You can also create and manage playlists of videos from your WordPress admin pages.
- Embed Videos into Posts with Drag-and-Drop Interface
- Customize Player to Fit Your Theme, Select Colors From the Admin Panel
- Video Library Management Tool for Easier Accessibility Within WP Plugin Menu
- Manage Playlists & Video Libraries From Within the Admin Panel
10. Rock The Slackbot
Slackbot is a WordPress plugin that sends your website notifications to Slack. It’s perfect for developers, designers, and content publishers.
Rock The Slackbot is designed specifically for small teams who want more efficient ways of communication and collaboration with their clients/customers or co-workers within the organization without clogging up the inboxes which can be very distracting. It is designed to fit right in with the way you already work.
- Send Notifications through Slackbot (Slack)
- Create Custom Channels with Your Team for Topics Related To Each Article You Write.
- Manages your websites and stay top of changes
11. Task Manager
Task Manager is a plugin that allows you to control your tasks and keep an eye on all projects. It’s perfect for team collaboration, personal planning of actions or simply keeping track of the things done every day.
Task Manager will allow you to manage your time through orderly lists. So, the teamwork is facilitated, with a follow-up of the tasks and made time.
Organize your work, and offer the possibility to your customers to follow the progress of their projects, through a community platform.
- Easily manage your tasks
- Team Collaboration and Communication Management Tool for Tasks, Projects & Clients.
- Organize Your Workflow through Task Lists in WordPress Dashboard
- Integrates with Slack to send task updates to the group of choice.
HootBoard is a bulletin board platform for organizations. Primarily used in residential or commercial property communities and university departments.
HootBoard can be used for any organization including schools, non-profits, workplaces, and many more to internally share announcements, events, classifieds, jobs, and more.
Members can start discussions and get recommendations from fellow members.
- Communication and Collaboration Leadership Tool for Organizations
- Share Announcements, Events, Classifieds & Jobs with Other Members on Your Board
- Enable Community Feedback w/ Polling Feature That Allows Members to Vote On Discussions Topics
- Customizable Skins Available
13. WP Roles and Capabilities
WP Roles and Capabilities make it easy for site members to play different roles on your website. It simplifies the process of setting up user capabilities, role definitions, role management screens, roles-based templates/themes/shortcodes, etc.
This WordPress plugin adds additional functionality to the existing user meta mechanism. Roles and capabilities use the existing WordPress meta table for storing roles and capabilities but remove its limitations.
- Improve User Management Security & Flexibility on Your Site With Role and Capabilities Plugin
- Role Definitions: Assign Different Custom Titles to Site Members (based on User Roles)
- Capabilities Definitions: Allow Site Members to Use Specific Site Sections Based on Their Custom Capabilities
- Create your role access restrictions, or utilize the pre-made ones.
14. Social Chat
Social Chat is a plugin that allows you to build live chat for WordPress using PubNub technology. It works without any signup or registration.
It is a useful plugin that adds live chat functionality to your WordPress site, with no need for user registration. This way, you can have an immediate experience with the real person behind the website, adding value to it.
- Build Live Chat On Your Site Without Signing Up or Registering
- Connects to PubNub's Global Network of Data Stream Network for Real-Time Communication
- Powered by PubNub Data Stream Network – Free & Unlimited Bandwidth
15. The Drag and Drop Builder (DDB)
Drag and drop builder (DDB) is a WordPress plugin that gives you the ability to create unique and captivating posts. The plugin works with almost any theme.
DDB is a unique and amazing tool that provides you the ability to create stunning pages and posts without touching a single line of code. It’s an intuitive WordPress Page Builder Plugin, designed for all skill levels.
With Drag & Drop Builder Page Creator Plugin, you can create any post you like using the Drag & Drop Builder.
- Intuitive WordPress Page Maker Plugin, With No Technical or Design Skills, Required
- Create Beautiful Pages and Posts Without Touching a Single Line of Code
- Design Your Layout with Custom Post Types Ready-Made Templates
Pagewiz is a fast, light, and elegant app landing page builder. With just a few clicks you can create beautiful mobile-ready & responsive pages with no coding skills.
You don’t need to hire an expensive web developer for creating website landing pages anymore, Pagewiz lets anyone (even non-techies) build modern-looking mobile-ready landing pages in just a few minutes.
- Create Kickass Landing Pages Without Coding Knowledge with Pagewiz WordPress Plugin
- Drag & Drop Builder to Customize Design and Layout of Your Website Page
17. WP App Store
WP App Store is a plugin that allows you to create your Android app store for your visitors. It has an easy-to-use interface that comes with a complete documentation file.
You can create your Android app store using Google Play Store data or import an existing one, thus allowing you to earn big bucks! The plugin is very simple and easy to use, plus it’s free for everyone to install on their websites.
- Create Your Own Android App Store Using Google Play Store Data
- Import an Existing App by Publishing it to the WordPress Plugin Repository
- Complete Documentation for Simple Basic Usage of WP App Store Plugin
18. Content Egg (Blog Booster)
A 'one-click- plugin that helps you to grow your blog audiences, earn more from ads, get more shares and build a strong community through engagement.
Content Egg is an effective plugin for your WordPress site that boosts the reach of your posts on social media and in search engines, while also increasing the likes and comments provided by your readers. It’s a powerful tool that offers a simple way to manage all of your content.
- Grow Your Blog Audiences, Earn More From Ads & Increase Likes & Comments On Posts
- Create Engagement with Social Media Shares Using Content Egg Plugin
19. WP Job Manager (Job Board Theme)
If you are looking for a plugin that allows people to post jobs and recruit employees, then WP Job Manager is the right plugin for you.
It’s a powerful plugin that is designed to be used with a Job Board theme, allowing users to post jobs directly on their blogs.
- Create & Manage Job Listing Page Without Paying Any Monthly Fee or Commission
- Post Jobs Directly On Your WordPress Site Using This WordPress Plugin
20. WP Coupon Booster
WP Coupon Booster is a plugin that helps you to display coupons, discounts, and promo codes on your blog. It’s an easy-to-use plugin that offers several options to help you promote or advertise sale information for your products or services.
- Enhance Your Blog with Coupons, Deals & Discounts Using WP Coupon Booster Plugin
- Show Current Discounts & Promo Codes on Your WordPress Site in No Time
21. WP Fastest Cache
WP Fastest Cache plugin is one of the most popular performance optimization plugins available for free!
This powerful plugin helps your pages load faster by reducing the server response time, minifying HTML code, and setting expired headers which are optimized for high performance.
- Improve Page Loading Time With One Click Using WP Fastest Cache Plugin
- Leverage Server Response Time to Speed Up WordPress Site Using WP Fastest Cache
22. SEO Ultimate by Yoast
This powerful plugin allows you to boost your traffic with just one click! It’s a complete solution for SEO optimization.
- Boost Your Visitors By Optimizing Your Posts & Pages Using SEO Ultimate Plugin
- Use Advanced OnPage Factors to Get More Traffic With SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Plugin by Yoast
23. WP Smush. it
WP Smush.it is an image compression plugin for WordPress that helps you to optimize all images on your blog without losing quality. Using this plugin, you can easily make a selection of images on your website and reduce their file size to speed up the loading time.
- Compress & Smush All Images On Your WordPress Site with WP Smush.it Plugin
- Improve Page Loading Speed While Preserving Image Quality Using WP Smush.it Plugin
24. SEO Facebook Open Graph Tag
This plugin is a simple & easy way to make your WordPress site sharing-friendly. It adds the necessary meta tags for Facebook sharing on every page of your website!
- Optimize Your Site for Sharing on Social Media Using SEO Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags
25. WP Social BBT (Facebook Traffic)
This plugin allows you to see the number of fans, likes, and comments that your Facebook page receives. It’s an excellent tool that helps you create & schedule posts for your Facebook page.
- Get Basic Analytics For Your Facebook Page Using WP Social BBT Plugin
- Draw More Attention with Scheduled Posts on Your Facebook Page Using WP Social BBT Plugin
Benefits of WordPress Plugin Collaboration Tools
Collaborative tools for teams can help you save time and increase productivity. Allowing multiple users to edit a document at once, or chat with each other via a messaging system makes project management much easier.
These types of plugins turn a standard WordPress site into a collaborative workplace that is easy enough for non-techies to use. Here are some of the benefits of using plugins for collaboration on your WordPress site.
- Increase productivity by minimizing the need to constantly communicate with team members who are working on a project remotely.
- Reduce frustration that is common when sending emails back and forth or trying to reach each team member through voice or video chat.
- Make it easier to delegate tasks by allowing employees to see what needs to be done and jump in where they can provide the most help.
- Enable team members of varying levels of experience to communicate and share ideas without having to ask for help from a manager or IT professional every time they have a question about how something works.
- Increase security and protect sensitive information by having all of it stored in one location where multiple people can access it through different means.
- Collaborative tools are not only great for businesses that rely on remote workers or want to encourage teamwork, they are also useful within an organization if departments frequently need to work together.
- For example, marketing and sales can communicate about projects while customer service helps provide more information about clients.
- Enhancing your WordPress site with plugins that provide collaboration features is a great way to improve the overall working environment for everyone who uses it.
As you can see there are some wonderful tools available to help bring your community together and build a knowledge base on your WordPress site.
These plugins will help facilitate collaboration, communication as well as make it easier for members to post updates directly from the WordPress Dashboard.
It allows members in the group and changes from pending back-end revisions to published can also be managed. Make use of the tools mentioned and work efficiently without any hassle.