In this blog post, I will list 10 of the best Client Portal Software that offer a free version and discuss how they work. As with most products that are free, there are limitations--typically in terms of features, time-based restrictions or just plain old paywalls themselves.
To help you find the perfect Client Portal Software for your needs, I have made sure to go through each one thouroughly and use them to get the first impression of how they function and what are their pros and cons.
I have also tried to get genuine reviews to figure out what most users of a product are saying about it and what are the "difficulties" you might have.
Client Portal Softwares are a great way to provide your users with the ability to upload and download files.
This software can be accessed through a web browser or on mobile devices through a mobile app. It provides two-way sharing of files, so you are able to view them in real time and even make changes if necessary.
Advantages of Client Portal Softwares
1. Client Collaborations
- You can provide your clients and partners with personalised and specific pieces of information that may be useful to them.
- This could be a shipping company advising their customers of truck or airplane departure times so customers can place their orders using this information.
- Portals give clients easy access to relevant information such as FAQs, troubleshooting tips, company and product details, and much more. With well-managed portals, all this information is correct and up to date.
3. Customised content
- Imagine a bank telling you about a specialized type of loan just for you--this is made possible with Client Portal Softwares!
- Banks are able to send out targeted messages via email or SMS based on the user's information. For example, a bank might be able to tell you about online banking if your account is set up with this feature.
4. Customer Service
- Improved the professional customer service experience. Client portal softwares allow customers to resolve their own issues, increasing customer satisfaction.
- This is also beneficial for the service provider as it reduces labour costs and allows them to spend more time on other tasks within the business.
5. Increased productivity
- Key documents such as contracts, estimates, project plans can be accessed via a Client Portal Softwares with ease by internal staff and customers alike.
- This also reduces the number of emails related to these subjects and speeds up work processes within an organisation.
Here is a list of free client portal softwares you should definitely know about if you are new to this space.
- Accelo contains a built-in Service for business. It is an all-in-one professional service for business management. It is easy to work with all the prospects and secure payments. It lets you run your entire business in the cloud.
- Experience the most streamlined, integrated and powerful service automation software that easily allows you to connect all moving parts of a business.
- It is available on Mac and Windows desktops which also provides web access from anywhere through an internet browser.
- It is the most complete Service Operations Automation solution available in the market.
- It is the highly performing software that lets you manage and automate all your business tasks. Accelo also allows users to communicate with clients through a secure portal, without having to leave their current windows or Mac screen.
- Affordable platform
- Increases productivity
- Seamless Operations
- Collaborative Communications
- Integrated Data Processing
Clustdoc, a simple yet powerful process automation and client onboarding software. Request & process anyone's information, payments, esignatures from a secure branded portal. Key features include: A custom branded portal, workflows, eSignature, task manager, file requests & approvals, online forms, CC payments and a free client management mobile app.
Best For: Small business owners and teams in the following industries: Banking & Financial services, accounting, marketing, Mortgage & Real estate, education, Legal services.
- I love the native form and digital signature tool. The client onboarding and document management is super-simplified through Clust.
- Perfect for onboarding clients and also getting applications when I tried to hire someone. The founder is very responsive, support is great.
- So far everything is really good and it keeps improving as time goes on. There are updates happening constantly that are making it even better.
- Clust offers great flexibility for most industries and applications with the opportunity to automate repeated project or workflow processes.
- Some of the features feel a little outdated or sluggish. Some obvious ones are missing.
- Learning how to use it at first was a little confusing, but you kinda get used to it.
- When developing a form, it is a pain to move fields around.
- Need more granular customization, some of the forms are difficult to get where we want due to the lack of options of fields.
It is a self-service, secure, cost effective and and no contract board management platform for small to medium business
- Each aspect of the Shaparency platform is essential to keeping everything organized for your organization. It's a great tool as someone who is starting fresh with a non-profit organization to let this be the standard for keeping all documentation in one location.
- From planning meetings, recording minutes, operating a working task board to being able to e-sign documents without any issues, you can't ask for more.
- The onboarding experience took some determination just because of my own personal unique subscription but outside of that I have been thoroughly satisfied with the software.
Best For: Shaparency serves small to medium organisations involving charities, corporate secretary firms, startups and government organisations.
Shaparency Pricing Overview
Shaparency pricing starts at $30.00 as a flat rate, per month. There exists a free version to introduce you to the software.
Moxtra provides a digital channel for customers to reach your company anytime, anywhere. It's a secure collaboration platform that lets you communicate with customers and collaborate in real time on tasks.
With Moxtra, you can be more productive and efficient than ever before. It helps you to retain and grow customers, manage your distributed organization and lower costs for doing business.
Moxtra's customer collaboration platform can power your branded one-stop customer portal. It is an extension of your existing website or web or mobile app, and is also a standalone web and mobile app.
- Built-in security
- Highly scalable
- Multiple authentication support
- Powerful APIs and integrations
- Online Forms, Surveys & Analytics Tools
Onehub is the secure way to store your files and share the documents across the teams and clients. Get started with unlimited file storage, user permissions, security features and more at no cost!
Onehub is a complete file sharing solution that helps you increase productivity, improve collaboration and provide a seamless experience for everyone.
It offers a suite of business tools such as virtual data rooms, client portals, Google Docs integration and custom agreements to enhance your file sharing. Customize your workspace to give content sharing a more professional, polished look and feel.
- Allows you to Upload Multiple files simultaneously.
- Bank level encryption.
- Tracks each and every activities.
- Customizes your brand.
- Easy Accessibility.
MangoApps is a unified client experience platform that combines intranet, training, teamwork, and content management into a single dashboard and workspace.
It is an easy to use and infinitely customizable approach that fits into the way your company already does business. Clients can find all the company information they need, alongside their communication and collaboration tools in a customizable widget-based dashboard that serves as a single source of truth.
Many companies rely on outdated intranet and communication tools, and lose time and information to the black hole that is the email inbox.
MangoApps gives the opportunity to build a portal for clients that they can access anytime, anywhere.
It offers the best customer care for IT companies with efficient services that help you boost your business performance. Get started today!
Its features include:
- Lead Management
- Automated Workflows
- Advanced Analytics
- Targeted Email Marketing
What is ReadyPortal?
It is a Cloud-based client portal platform that offers custom web portals to automate document management and streamline organizational workflows.
Best For: It is designed for businesses within government, non-profit and trade associations, finance, healthcare and legal industries. The platform offers web portal solutions to create, manage & distribute content.
ReadyPortal Product Features:
- Content Management
- Document Management
- File Sharing
ReadyPortal Pricing Overview
ReadyPortal pricing starts at $5.00 as a flat rate, per month. There is a free version with less of the bells and whistles. ReadyPortal does not offer a free trial.
MyDocSafe is a secure client portal with amazing dashboard features. This client portal helps in fast, secure and easy onboarding of clients. It is a complete solution for the professional services companies to manage their clients, documents and tasks.
MyDocSafe is designed for on-boarding clients with automated workflow to reduce the time taken by humans in this process.
- Client Onboarding Dashboard
- Secure Uploading & Sharing of Documents
- Internal Collaboration with Team Members and Clients
- File Sharing and Reviewing System
9. Hub Intranet
Hub Intranet is an excellent intranet solution that helps you create a positive employee experience. It is a collaborative solution used by leading brands like Nikon, Ralph Lauren and Legal & General to boost engagement.
Hub Intranet offers all the features you need in a single intranet platform including rich media communications, instant messaging, document sharing and cloud storage that are easy to use.
It makes it easier for teams within your company communicate more effectively across platforms while staying secure with role-based access and customisable branding.
- Free User Accounts
- Customizable Branding & Colours
- Unlimited File Uploads
- Internal Collaboration Tools
- Project Management Features
GetBusy is a cloud-based Client Portal Software. It helps in managing your business relationships with clients and partners.
Manage client requests, track progress, store documents and share files all in one place. GetBusy also helps you track tasks assigned to your team members.
- Client Portal Software
- File Sharing and Storage Management
- Project Collaboration for Clients and Teams
- Task & Issue Tracking Features
- Real-Time Reporting Dashboard.
In this article we have seen the free client portals and its advantages to the business.
These tools help in building a relationship with your clients by making them feel special, while also giving you more time for other things that are important too.
Now for beginners these softwares are extremely valuable and will help you immeasurably, but after a point you find the lack of certain features impeding your work.
Some of the portals can also be integrated with systems like adsy.com. You will receive an additional benefit from such systems in the form of an increase in conversions and a client base. Adsy helps in brands in getting mentioned in well known media resources.
Why Should You Go For a Paid Specialist?
With a paid client portal software you do not have to worry about any features you may be missing out on. Using something paid for assures quality and the best experience both you and your client could have!
There are plenty of such portals such as Asana, HelloBonsai, ManyRequests etc. but I would like to talk about my clear favourite from these…… ClientVenue.
ClientVenue is one of the most powerful and easy to use Client Management Platforms currently in the market and has been used by a large number of brands to productize their services to the maximum.
It has an edge over other offerings since it distinguishes itself by:
1.Creates the easiest onboarding experience for your client
From here itself it starts becoming obvious why ClientVenue is one paid service you must not miss!
ClientVenue's integrated client automated onboarding process will help you focus more on how your organization scales rather than getting stuck doing routine work which ended up saving a lot of my time.
2. Easy to view Services section
- Services are listed in the same order as they appear in the dashboard, with the payment system employed for each one. Your services are arranged by default chronologically, but you may change it to suit your preference.
- With only a click of a button, you can quickly generate preview links for your customers. The client just has to click on the link to see how far along you've gotten with the project.
3. Integrates with the best known tools available on the web
ClientVenue does an awesome job and preselects for you the best tools to link your organization ensuring clarity in communication and seamless integration to ensure both you and your client are on the same page at all times.
You are just required to sign up for any tool (for eg. Slack) and it will seamlessly link to your ClientVenue workspace.
All you need to do is to provide ClientVenue with your unique reference code, registered website or your registered licence details of access and it will automatically take care of the rest.
Furthermore, this list is not comprehensive, as ClientVenue continuously adds more and more useful integrations such as Hubspot and LiveChat to name a few.
I will just expand on these integrations and how they will assist you in selling your productized service:
- Slack: Connect your slack account with ClientVenue to never miss an update in your projects.
- Stripe: ClientVenue is a Stripe Connect Partner & helps in managing all the payments, invoice, products (services), etc. on user's behalf. They will not charge any fees or commissions as a Stripe partner, and all Stripe payments will be subject to no other costs in addition to those charged by Stripe.
- Intercom: They provide a comprehensive customer communications platform that includes bots, apps, product tours, and more—all of which may be used to develop fantastic consumer interactions.
- Crisp: The Crisp shared inbox, like Intercom, collects all of your conversations. From Live Chat to Email to Facebook Messenger, Twitter DM, and SMS... collaborate without difficulty within one inbox to offer the finest customer service possible.
- LiveChat: Get in touch with your customers, interact with them on LiveChat, and gather vital information in real-time to improve sales and delight clients. It has a free 14-day test period, automated options, and omnichannel messaging capabilities.
- HubSpot: HubSpot’s CRM platform has all the tools and integrations you will ever need for marketing, sales, content management, and customer service.
- Tawk.to: Monitor and chat with the visitors on your website, respond to support tickets and create a help center to empower customers to help themselves. The best part you ask? All of this is 100% free!
- Facebook Pixel: It is simply a piece of code for your website that lets you measure, optimise and build audiences for all of your advertising campaigns! It is one of the best ways to know your target demograph and increase clicks.
- Webhook: Use Webhook to connect your portal with other platforms.
4. Personalized Workspaces
Workspaces that are customized to your needs allow you to neatly arrange all of your projects in one spot without having to keep numerous tabs open at the same time. The tidy user interface, as well as the easy-to-use design, eliminates the requirement for keeping detailed records.
You can include both services provided outside the client and from within the client seamlessly along with having a record of archived and completed projects as well.
You will be able to see all your projects which are automatically subdivided into:
- Internal: To be used within your organization
- External: To be done for a client
- Archived: Projects archived by you
- Completed: Completed projects
While creating a project you can even add teammates and edit all these details as soon as the need arises.
5. Minimalistic and to the point dashboard
- ClientVenue’s dashboard is minimalistic and gives clear information on the most important parameters defining your success.
- With clear visibility of your number of clients, number of services and revenue; it is the best way to know where you are on one screen itself.
- It also includes a reminder if any due tasks are to be submitted soon to make sure you don’t miss any important submissions!
6. Client Handling Portal
- Your screen will display all of your clients, the number of services you provide, their contact information for representatives, the status of their payments, and so on.
- You will be able to edit all this client information whenever the situation calls for it. You will even be able to check out all of your requests separately under one header!
7. Teams and Teammates
You can give your teammates 3 levels of access;
- Viewer: Can only view the project
- Editor: Can make changes wherever necessary
- Manager: Have full access to the project and is able to oversee every member
This allows you to narrow down bottlenecks and make sure each teammate is on the same page.
Projects can be assigned freely to teammates and along with their designation ClientVenue ensures you have all the tools to handle your team as efficiently as possible.
You can also activate/deactivate a teammate’s current status at a flick of a button.
8. Billing and Invoices
ClientVenue has a dedicated section dealing with automating your invoicing and billing through all popularly accepted payment methods like Stripe and PayPal. Once you set it up, all you need to do is periodically check the increase in your income!
You can assign assign multiple services to a client and can automatically access whether they are paid for or overdue.
In the Invoices tab you have complete control over each client and can have access to the following:
- You can either choose to automatically charge from the payment method registered on file or automatically send an invoice to the customer to pay manually.
- You can set a due date of payment (for example: within 15 days 30 days, 6 months etc. from when the invoice is sent).
- This section includes a separate head for overdue payments under one section so that you never miss a client who is not willing to pay!
- You can also customize your invoices by filling the additional bank and tax details up to a maximum of 5. It's over here you will reap the benefits of ClientVenue's integration with Stripe to ensure easy to conduct payments from the source itself.
9. Share your project board with your client
- To ensure transparency and transmit the progress you've been making in real time to your client you can share your board through ClientVenue's new feature.
- You can choose which task details to share as shown in the picture below and all you have to do is to check boxes and send the public link.
After getting access through the public link and putting in the required pass code your client will see this:
10. Restrict Project Mode
It's a new toggle button that ensures clarity in communication and prevents the incorrect manager from receiving incorrect data. It's just a tiny convenience, which I'm grateful for.
During this mode, you can play around with the settings without worrying about who will get what.
ClientVenue allows you to enable mapping of a custom domain on your portal. One needs to simply add their domain in the field & then use the values in the DNS panel.
This basically means that this feature offers to rebrand an existing email software platform. This allows you to personalize the software platform with the name of your organization.
By now it should be obvious why you should always go for a specialised agency client portal software but there are always free alternatives to begin your journey of selling your productized services. I hope this article has helped you move along in achieving the goals you set out.
Personally I would use the free alternatives for an introduction to this space and the switch to a paid service since they offer more bells and whistles along with astounding service and client support.
ClientVenue comes across as the perfect solution to your conundrums since it has some very affordable plans to start selling your productized service along with comprehensive upscaling plans which allow you to stay in one ecosystem for all your needs present and future.
Running an agency?
Clientvenue is an all-in-one client portal and client requests management software.Learn more