If you are looking for a way to save time and make the process of filing your tax returns easier, then use an online tax software portal.
These tools automatically provide notification if the entered information is mismatched, which saves time in correcting mistakes.
It also takes care of all compliance issues, so you don't have to worry about any violations that could result from a mistake on your part.
The best part is that many of these portals offer live tax calculation and e-file services. This means you can prepare profit and loss statements as well as individual income files quickly and easily!
Safe to use
The online tax agent portal is safe to use. However, it is advisable for users to consider some factors like reviews of the company, security features offered etc. before choosing an online tax agent portal to use. Users should also consider paid software over free software that offers more security features
Following is a handpicked list of Top Income Tax Software in India, with their popular features and website links.
This income tax software list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software:
1. Zoho Books
Zoho Books is a tax compliant accounting software that enables you to manage your account payables, receivables. It allows you to collaborate with the company employee.
It automatically calculates GST and generates the report. You can follow up payment using automatic alerts. It enables you to integrate with numerous online payments.
- You can choose your price from the list provided by Zoho Books.
- It automatically fetches a bank statement from the bank into your account.
- You can manage more than one project, add tasks, and assign them to employees. The projects are divided into tabs like the payables tab or receivables tab etc., for ease of use.
- You can generate invoice customers depend on on-task time or fix costs for any project.
ClearTax is a popular income tax software in India. It provides a complete range of services starting from filing income tax, managing your investments to GST (Goods and Services Tax) etc.
The Service offered by ClearTax enables you to save your tax with various investment strategies.
- You can e-file tax returns in just a few minutes.
- This tool adjusts the advance tax paid automatically.
- You can e-file income tax returns in less time.
- It allows you to file for three persons from the same account.
- Cleartax automatically selects the relevant ITR form, which is based on your job type and PAN card number.
3. H&R Block
H&R block e-filing service is one of the best in India. It offers a wide range of services from filing tax returns, investment advice to online HR software.
H&R Block helps you to file your income tax return and provide valuable information on various deductions. You can utilize the service provided by H&R Block to get expert advice on tax-saving strategies.
- It provides a hassle-free way to tackle tax complexity.
- It allows users to e-file tax returns in less time.
- Users will get post-tax filling support.
- It is one of the best online tax filing in India which offers real-time tax calculations.
Eztax is an online tool that provides services to help plan, prepare, and save taxes for businesses and individuals. It makes your income tax form filing easy. This program is available for both Mobile App and Web browsers.
- You can upload a photo of your Form-16.
- It automatically read Form-16 in images or PDF format.
- Eztax optimizes salary, capital gains, property, etc. to save your income tax.
- It offers a comprehensive Salary questionnaire.
- This income tax filing software tool has a secure document manager.
- It has a tax optimize to boost the potential investment return.
- It helps you to get maximum GST credit.
Taxraahi is a software package that offers complete tax automation and accounting solution for individuals and businesses. It connects GST, ITR, TDS filing systems so that you can easily manage from one place.
This income tax return software tool helps you to import all your important data from excel to tally.
- It has an inbuilt HSN (Harmonized System of Nomenclature) code finder.
- Taxraahi can generate and submit FVU (File Validation Utility).
- It has GST Billing software which helps to maintain all your data in an effective manner.
- The Tax Return filing module is quite easy with a single click.
- It has an inbuilt TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) module, which makes it easier for you to fill the form.
Taxspanner is a portal that offers online preparation and filing of Income Tax Returns (ITR). It provides an easy way to e-file your tax. This tax calculation software allows you to upload multiple PDF or scanned papers.
- You can e-file any type of ITR.
- It provides security using 256-bit SSL encryption.
- This website automatically calculates return filing as per relevant tax rules.
- You will get a complete solution for e-filing of ITR, EITR, ITTPL and more online income tax filing in India.
- Taxspanner helps you to prepare, fill, and assess your income tax.
- It keeps your record secure so that you do not have to maintain a separate tax file.
MyITreturn is an application that makes your ITR filling works quicker and easier compared to other tools. It provides complete updates on income tax information. You can use this tool to calculate tax.
- The latest version of this app provides a robust way for Income tax filling.
- It allows you to check income tax refund year wise.
- This app can also generate form 12BB which is the estimate of your advance tax liability including HRA (House Rent Allowance). It offers multi-language support and has an easy navigation system.
- You have an option to download the app to your device.
- You can calculate the EMI amount for the loan you have taken from any bank and update it in this tool as well.
- It has a tax calculator that helps you to know what is going on with your advance taxes, HRA, etc.
Wave is an ideal accounting software platform for a service-based small business that sends simple invoices and doesn’t need to track inventory or run payroll. For many freelancers or service-based businesses, Wave’s free features will cover all of their accounting needs and is the best free software in our review. At year-end, accountants can pull the necessary reports from Wave to prepare a business’ tax return.
- It offers a free plan that provides basic accounting functions.
- Wave is compatible with the operating system.
- You can easily send invoices, pay bills, track expenses online without any hassle.
- Run Multiple businesses in one account.
FreshBooks is the simplest way to file your taxes. It has a user-friendly interface and provides real-time updates about all changes in tax rates, so you can track them accordingly.
- It offers a wide range of features, from cloud-based invoicing to an online payment gateway.
- Users can snap a picture of receipts or link to the bank for quick expense tracking.
- You can transfer your timesheet data to invoice and collect payments more quickly.
- FreshBooks has a user-friendly interface with intuitive navigation which is easy to use even by novice users.
- FreshBooks offers an in-built time tracker that makes it easier for you to log your hours.
Taxsmile is a web portal that is used to prepare and e-file income tax return online. It helps individuals to file their income tax returns in a convenient and secure way. It calculates the financial parameters that impact taxes.
- You can access it anytime, anywhere.
- Taxsmile provides a hassle-free way to file your return in four easy steps.
- It contains an interactive question-answer wizard.
- This tool keeps your data secure using a user id and password.
- You can get support via email.
- It does not have any jargon (specialized language) related to tax.
How to pay an Online Tax Return?
Step One: Prepare and gather all the necessary documents required like PAN cards, bank statements, etc.
Step Two: Download and install any of the above-listed online tax software
Step Three: Open the software and sign up or log in using the username and password
Step Four: Go to the Income Tax Return section and start filing your income tax return
Step Five: Fill in basic details and go to the next section
Step Six: Enter your income details for the financial year and go to the next section
Step Seven: Enter other details of expenses and deductions
Step Eight: Enter advanced paid tax details if applicable and go to the final section
Step Nine: Review your income tax return and file it if all details are correct
Step Ten: Take a printout of acknowledgement if you need it for reference.
Which factors should you consider while selecting an Online Tax Software?
You should consider the following factors while selecting an online tax software:
- Easy to use and setup,
- license cost if applicable,
- quality of customer support,
- the cost involved in training employees on the tax software,
- reviews of the company, security features offered,
- multiple payment integration options,
- Features and functionalities offered.
In this blog post, we have provided you with the details of some good tax software that will help you to file your taxes in an easy and convenient way. All these tools come with a lot of features that make them worth using.
You can also use any one or more than one tool according to your requirement as all these are equally good. We hope that this blog post has been helpful to you.
Running an agency?
Clientvenue is an all-in-one client portal and client requests management software.Learn more