Are you looking for the best portal plugin? If your answer is yes, then this article can help you. There are various portal plugins available in WordPress, but not all of them are equal.
Some portal plugins work better than others and some have more features than others. The 10 Best WordPress Client Portal Plugins and Extensions blog post will provide insights into the best portal plugins which are available on the market today.
We'll also be discussing what to look out for when choosing a portal plugin so that you don't get ripped off!
What makes a good Client Portal Plugin?
There are many portal plugins available in WordPress, but not all of them offer good features. Some portal plugins have limited options and some don't work at all.
A well-built portal plugin should contain a number of useful features that make it stand out from the crowd.
- Strong Security Features
Make sure your portal plugin is secure! A poorly designed portal plugin can easily cause your website to be hacked. The best portal plugins offer a range of l security features such as two-factor authentication and regular backups.
- An Intuitive Interface
Your portal plugin should make your website more convenient for customers to use. One of the fundamental goals is to improve their overall customer experience.
If your portal’s interface is poor, it will only hurt your customer experience. The portal you choose needs an intuitive interface that makes the portal easy to navigate and understand.
- Permission-Based Controls
Because of the sensitive customer data accessible via your portal, be sure you can control who has access to it.
Permission-based controls ensure you can restrict access to specific employees and customers so that only those with permission have access.
- Powerful Integration Features
Your portal plugin should offer easy integration with your website and a range of other plugins. This enables you to build an effective portal for your customers without much hassle.
Some portal plugins even allow third-party integrations, such as payment gateways or CRMs (customer relationship management tools).
- Customizable User Profiles
A good portal plugin should enable your customers to customize their portal profiles. This is a great way of increasing user satisfaction as well as customer retention rates.
For example, some portal plugins allow users to create an account so that they can easily manage all aspects of the portal on one single page. It also allows you and other employees in charge of customer support to locate and resolve any issues quickly.
The portal plugin should also have a number of useful features that can help your customers manage their accounts. These include the ability to find information they’re looking for, place orders, make payments or change account settings.
The best 10 WordPress Portal Plugins are
Ontraport is far more than a WordPress membership plugin. It houses a full capability of managing a very intricate portal.
We have built countless client portals with Ontraport across the last five years, and it remains our number one recommendation!
- Ability to manage portal users and permissions (including role-based access)
- Ability for your customers to login using their Facebook, Google or WordPress account
- Integrated live chat support via Ontraport's portal platform so that agents can assist clients quickly in the portal itself. This is incredibly powerful as it speeds up resolution times and makes for a better user experience.
- Pages and forms that are completely customizable using their page builder (or a custom theme)
- Built-in integration with Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal, and Paymill
- Sophisticated user-level and role-based permissions
- Ontraport portal plugin also integrates seamlessly with their customer portal so that your clients can access all of their account information and support tickets in one place.
MemberPress was one of the earliest portal plugins we used. We found it to be very reliable and easy to use, which is why we kept using them for many years! It satisfied all the needs of a portal plugin for a simple membership site.
- Manages member portal access to content.
- It integrates posts, pages, categories and WooCommerce products.
- Allows users to download files and images from secure areas of your site.
- Create custom pricing levels that allow you to set different price points for each individual product or service.
- It also has a multitude of add-ons that extend portal functionality.
MemberMouse is a portal plugin for WordPress that allows you to create secure member portal areas on your site, as well as manage and organize members.
One of its special features is the ability to build personalized portal pages for your customers based on their membership levels.
- Order history: customers can access their order history and details about the products they have purchased.
- Billing: customers can manage billing information, change payment methods and update credit card numbers.
- Profile: customer profiles allow your clients to adjust all of their personal account settings, such as email preferences or password changes in one place.
4. Client Portal
Client portal plugins allow you to create areas of your website where clients can login and access a variety of portal-specific tools.
- It is in sectioned portal with the ability to create unlimited number of sections.
- You can easily customize portal page by adding your own logo or header image and choosing from a variety of themes that come included in the plugin.
- Client portal supports automatic updates, so you’ll always have the latest version installed on your site. It integrates well with email services like MailChimp, Constant Contact, Get Response and many more.
LearnDash specifically concentrates on education sites and their portal plugin allows teachers to create learning material for students. But you can also use it for valuable content and training resources you want to offer to customers only.
It allows teachers or portal administrators (or anyone with a LearnDash license) to manage courses, lessons, quizzes and more so they can create an intuitive learning experience which is easy for students of all levels.
- It has the ability to create lessons and quizzes from scratch.
- Course completion tracking: teachers can track how many lessons students have completed, so they know what to prepare for the next session.
- Membership levels: portal plugins allow you to set different price points for each individual product or service. You’ll be able to manage these membership levels in the portal.
SuiteDash is a popular portal plugin packed with features. This all in one solution fulfills all the requirements from small to large businesses. It comes with plenty of features that help you manage clients easily and efficiently.
- Invoice generation and online payments: portal plugins allow you to create areas of your website where clients can login and access a variety of portal-specific tools.
- Slick Dashboards: SuiteDash portal plugin has a slick new dashboard that allows you to manage all your clients, projects and invoices in one place.
- Fast and intuitive interface: portal plugins has a fast and intuitive interface that makes managing portal content easy for beginners.
- Social media integration: SuiteDash also lets you integrate social media into the dashboard so you can post company news, product updates, sales or events without leaving your portal.
7. Simple Membership
Simple Membership is a free portal plugin that lets you create secure client portal areas on your site, as well as manage and organize members.
It makes easy way to customize portal page by adding your own logo or header image and choosing from a variety of portal themes that come included in the plugin.
- It has unlimited members and customization for each levels.
- You can add pages, a forum and new posts using the portal editor which is included with Simple Membership plugin.
- This portal comes with an editor that lets you add pages, a forum and new posts to your client portal. It also includes privacy options such as private browsing, content restrictions and more.
8. Client Dash
Client Dash is a good option for those who doesn't need extensive options. It’s a simple plugin that offers all the essential features that a standard portal plugin provides, making the user interface simple and easy to use.
- Support for custom fields and taxonomies, so you can include information like job title, project name, deliverables, client name.
- Ability to restrict access to certain pages using user roles: portal plugins makes it easy for companies who don’t want all their portal sections open on a single page or need separate areas by employees levels.
- Quick log in via the WP admin bar: portal plugins allow you to add client login widgets directly in your WordPress site, so users can access them from anywhere on the portal.
- Customize portal interface: portal plugins give you the freedom to customize portal theme and layouts.
The list of portal plugins ends here. LiveAgent is another portal plugin that helps you manage clients and their support requests from a single platform. It helps you set up a portal that can be accessed by both the clients and your support team.
- It can be easily integrated with your CMS including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and many other third-party applications.
- Client portal stores all the important information related to their orders, payments, invoices and policies so your customers will get all the details in one place without contacting the agent.
- Moreover it offers customization options that allow you to change the portal look according to your branding.
Clinked is simple and secure portal plugin for WordPress. You are able to connect with your team members and clients all over the world and work together efficiently.
- It offers a portal where you can share files, ideas and get on-going updates.
- Clinked allows to manage tasks in one place without creating another project management tool that will increase your costs further.
- Simple portal plugin for WordPress with an intuitive interface which helps you take care of the client portal hassle free. You are able to create private portal areas, add pages and upload files.
The WordPress Portal Plugin offers feature-rich performance which are designed to offer your clients a user friendly way of managing their information and files. The article ends here.
Running an agency?
Clientvenue is an all-in-one client portal and client requests management software.Learn more