Starting a new business is tough!
One of the first things you need to do as an entrepreneur is find your first clients. This can be challenging, but it doesn't have to be if you know what strategies work best for attracting new clients.
In this article, we will discuss marketing and audience development tactics that are guaranteed to help generate your customers - even if you're brand-new.
I hope this article has been helpful in providing some guidance on how to get your first 100 customers!
We have included more resources below so that you can continue reading and learning about marketing strategies that are guaranteed to generate new leads or clients right away.
And don't forget - start by reaching out to people who know you best! They can provide insight into what qualities set you apart from other agencies just starting up.
Connect with Your Audience:
The first thing you should do is find your target audience. Asking them what they want or need can help guide the focus of your online marketing campaigns and content strategy .
- Start With What You Know: One of the best ways to grow an audience quickly is by talking about things that people already know about - this could be a skill, interest, industry, etc.
- Solve Problems for Your Audience: People won't buy from you unless there's a problem they're trying to solve. Solve their problems with your product!
- Share News That Matters To Your Audience: If it doesn't happen in Silicon Valley but still impacts technology or startups, chances are it matters to someone on social media who follows you. Share articles in your industry that are relevant to the problems you solve.
- Be On All The Social Media Platforms: If someone has a problem and can't find an answer, they might search social media for it - so be there!
- Reach Out To People Who Know You Best: When starting out in any business, make sure to reach out to people who know you best . They will help get word of mouth going about what sets you apart from other agencies just starting up.
- Make It About Them: Focus on making your content more personal by telling stories and connecting with readers emotionally rather than presenting how great your services are or why they need them.
- Make It About You: Share personal stories to build trust with your audience. People are more likely to buy from you when they know that there is a person behind the brand.
- Tailor Your Content for Specific Audience Segments: Create different content channels and tailor them toward specific targets.
- Know What You Stand For And Be Proud Of It!
- 10. don't be afraid of being "too" niche or focusing on one interest area. If it's what sets you apart, own it!
Bonus Tip! Use email marketing as an opportunity to share insights with those who haven't shown any sign of buying yet too !
Make sure your opt-in form prominently asks people if they want offers in their inbox so they can get on your email list.
Conduct Market Research:
While you're looking for your first clients, it's a good idea to conduct some market research.
First, identify the best ways customers typically find new products or services in order to get an understanding of what marketing channels work best for your business type.
Then evaluate where there are opportunities that may not be explored by competitors and execute on these ideas with gusto!
Some examples include: trade shows, local events, speaking engagements at universities or schools near our office , social media ads targeted toward potential prospects who fit into demographic segments you want to target, etc.
Remember - almost all markets have untapped opportunity if we look closely enough !
Another customer development tool at everyone's disposal is Quora.
Quora is a site where you can browse and post questions on a virtually any topic. It can be a great way to gather a large number of answers from people in your target demographic about the product you're trying to sell.
Use Your Email List to Launch
One of the best ways to guarantee sales when you launch your product is to launch through an email list.
There are many ways to build an email list from scratch. For instance, you could reach out to people one-on-one through social networks like Quora or Twitter and then add them to your launch e-mail list.
We'll get into some other tactics below that you can use to build your email list for now let's dig into how t o craft y our launch sequence to get as many sales as possible:
Build a List with Content First - Reach Out To The Audience Second : Your marketing campaigns should focus on building up content before reaching out directly too potential customers or clients.
Figure out what your target demographic is and make sure you're using the right words in marketing campaigns to reach them.
For instance, if I made a dating app for dogs, I would be more likely to use phrases like "find love" instead of "meet singles".
This also might mean tweaking headlines on blog posts or changing pictures on social media too stay aligned with my offer's tone and message.
The language we use can have very different implications for our audience depending on who they are - so it may take some trial-and-error before you find the perfect wording that resonates best with potential customers!
Begin with Give Away
A good way to get the attention of potential customers or clients in the first place is by offering them something for free that they can't refuse - like access to valuable information!
Giving away this type of enticing offer opens up opportunities later when it comes time to launch your product.
If people have already expressed interest in you or what you're offering, then it's much easier for them to convert into paying customers.
Setting up a lead magnet could be just what you need t o start getting people's attention and gradually gaining trust.
Prioritize Your Portfolio
Your online portfolio needs to have a few key qualities.
- First, it needs to show variety. Clients want to know if you can capture their voice, so by displaying a broad range of brands you've already managed in your portfolio, they'll be convinced that this is something you're qualified for.
- It's also important that the different pieces showcase your skills and expertise. Don't just post any vague thing - make sure there are links or social media buttons at the bottom of each piece so people can easily find more information on what else you offer!
- The final quality an effective marketing portfolio should exhibit is consistency with branding.
You don't need complicated graphics or design elements like stock images because this type of work bores potential clients.
Create a new style for your portfolio that's unique to you and incorporates the color schemes, fonts, and patterns of your brand.
If you're an artist then include some pictures of your work in design elements like website headers or social media banners. If you offer accounting services , show off how good it looks on paper!
This is where people will see what they can expect from working with you, so make sure everything matches up - including personal branding if needed!
Blog about topics that tie into your service and will appeal to prospective clients. The benefits of blogging aren't just limited to traffic or lead generation.
If you're providing other businesses with writing, then you're actually doing them a favor and that helps build relationships.
A lot of blogging takes time, especially since it needs to be done consistently for better results.
Voice Your Ideas Loud:
Most people don't want their voices or opinions pandered too . They will be much happier with an authentic connection and they're more likely to buy from someone who speaks their language than one that just talks at them for the sake of talking !
The first time you start to feel discouraged with your marketing efforts, remember that it takes work and the patience of a saint.
It's easy to feel like you're struggling to find your audience and attract them when they don't seem interested in what you have to offer.
You may need to try new tactics and experiment with different demographics. Remember that you are always one breakthrough away from finding your potential customers' sweet spot!
Be Creative and Win Over your First Clients:
The best use of creativity is when the agencies make consumers think about the product or brand.
If you can be creative, then you're going to be much more successful in getting your first clients and attracting future ones because people love originality and will want to figure out what else you have up your sleeve!
There are many ways for a business owner to get their first customers - it's all about knowing where they might be hanging around and having something that appeals to them !
In this post we've seen how easy it really is to start marketing yourself as an agency by using effective techniques like lead magnets, consistency with branding, being vocal on social media, blogging articles related to your services (not just about general topics), creating a strong online portfolio, and being creative!
Running an agency?
Clientvenue is an all-in-one client portal and client requests management software.Learn more