What is Hello Bonsai?
Hello Bonsai is a project management tool for freelancers. It offers freelance proposals and contracts. It handles your freelance invoices and payments. It helps you with tracking your expenses. It helps you manage your clients and leads.
Also, it’s a project management tool and time tracker. Essentially, Hello Bonsai is designed to help you with every aspect of your freelancing.
Hello Bonsai has no monthly fees and it integrates with PayPal, Stripe, and Google Drive. It is suitable for every kind of freelancer and it comes with many helpful features.
It presents an easy way to communicate with your clients and get their signatures online. Hello, Bonsai has some limitations that need to be mentioned.
Pricing starts at $19/month and there’s a 14-day free trial.
Small businesses and Freelancers.
- It's very feature-rich.
- It also has a comprehensive tax and accounting system (which you must purchase as an add-on), which can save you a lot of time.
- They have an iOS and Android app as well.
- Time tracking and invoicing.
- Tracking your expenses and mileage.
- Helps you keep track of the projects you’ve done for each client.
- Helps manage your clients and prospects (prospects are people who inquired about your services but didn't hire you yet).
- Ability to get signatures from your customers.
- The application is designed for freelancers.
- It may not be the best tool for managing an agency if you have a large number of team members or tasks.
- It does not have Gantt charts or time reports.
- Features are very expensive.
- There are many limitations to the free plan.
But, as we’ll see below, it might have some limitations which you can overcome by opting for Hello Bonsai alternatives.
1. Agiled. app
Agiled is a business and project management tool that allows customers to manage their entire business from a single location. CRM, HRM, Financial Management, Projects, and Task Management, Contracts, and Professional Proposals are all available with Agiled.
Along with Zapier, Integrate, and Custom Webhooks, Agiled features a lot of native integrations. Agiled allows businesses to manage their operations in one central location.
With Agiled, you can manage your company’s budget and forecast the future. You get to forecast your customers’ business revenue and expenses so that you can better predict future income and expenses. It is a great tool for managing budgets and getting an accurate idea of the future.
It is one of the bonsai alternatives. You can manage your company’s budget. It has an accurate expense forecasting tool. And most importantly, you can optimize the budget to make sure that there are no funds wasted on unnecessary areas.
Keep track of everything your employees are doing using Agiled's task management module, including what percentage of their time is spent on each project and if they're meeting deadlines.
With Agiled Dashboard reports, you can view the budget data with one glance. You'll be able to see how much money has
Small and medium-sized businesses, Agencies, and Freelancers.
Pricing starts at $7/month which makes it one of the most affordable solutions for businesses that are just starting.
- The UI is easy to use so there is not a big learning curve to adopt the tool.
- It has robust reports and financial management features which help to give you a clear overview of how your business is doing.
- 100% White Labelling Option with Custom Domain and SMTP.
- It is designed to omes with an Android and iOS app.
- It's structured to help you manage your employees' time and expenses with ease.
- Time tracking is quick and easy which reduces the risk of costly reimbursements or billing mistakes.
- Agiled App is a new tool and has fewer customizations options.
- The only feature missing is wave accounting and payment integration.
- The visual design also feels a little flat and boring with limited options.
HoneyBook is a client management software especially for photographers, small businesses, and freelancers to book more clients, manage projects, and get payments all in one spot.
You can automate your busy work and remain on top of all your to-dos with our company management software, saving time and money so you can develop your business.
It's like your own personal assistant. Small business owners and freelancers have tripled their bookings and saved multiple hours a day using HoneyBook tools.
HoneyBook is the best option for the ability to handle all your business tasks and manage your clients in the same place.
Get paid faster with instant invoices. Customize your workflows to match how you do business so you can book more clients, create proposals in seconds, and manage payments painlessly.
HoneyBook works around your schedule so you don't have to. It is the correct choice for the Hellobonsai alternative. Send beautiful proposals and invoices that don't look like a template from an invoice generator.
Handle bookings painlessly with free automation tools to ensure you have the right amount of staff on hand for peak times, keep track of when staff becomes available, and are in complete control of your business. Build a strong client base through the platform, and maintain positive relations with past clients, all in one place.
Honeybook is best for photographers but also for a different types of businesses like freelancers who need to handle their projects & invoices.
It has an amazing proposal editor with custom-designed template rows Your Business with HoneyBook
Graphic designers, DJs, photographers, business coaches, web designers, consultants, florists, caterers, videographers, calligraphers, business coaches, health & wellness professionals, etc.
Pricing starts at $9/month (with up to $10k in transactions) and there is a 7-day free trial.
- You can visually track projects from start to finish.
- Its UI is sleek and very easy to use.
- It also features a mobile app that is both available on iOS and Android to help you manage your business on the go.
- It is good for creative entrepreneurs to manage their whole working process.
- Professionalism and ease of sight features.
- The biggest downside of HoneyBook is the lack of payment integrations. There is no Stripe or PayPal integration and you are tied to using their payment gateway.
- There’s only a 7-day trial, which might be too short to fully test the tool.
- The email feature within HoneyBook can be a bit confusing.
ClientVenue is an end-to-end solution for businesses that are looking to deliver productized services for their clients. It helps agencies and freelancers in managing their clients in an end-to-end format. Right from first contact to managing invoices and managing monthly revenue.
ClientVenue also supports multiple platforms like Android, iOS & Windows along with email integration. The client venue also has unique features like the ability to handle multiple pricing options for services offered by a company. Projects which allow companies to add different projects and their associated deliverables in an organized manner.
Small and medium businesses, agencies, and freelancers.
Pricing starts at $39/month with (unlimited clients) at Lite Plan
- Slack integration
- White labeling your Agency Portal
- Using Custom Webhooks
- Setting up Email Notifications
- Easy integration with stripe
- Incredible customer support
- It is a new tool and has fewer customizations options.
- The only feature missing is accounting integration.
- The visual design also feels a little flat and boring with limited options.
Dubsado is an all-in-one business management tool that lets you send contracts and invoices, manage projects, create questionnaires and other forms, track time, send and receive emails, and so much more all from one app.
Dubsado can be used across all kinds of businesses from digital agencies to wedding photographers, software developers, etc.
It also includes project management tools that allow you to view the progress of various projects.
Dubsado is mainly for agencies and digital freelancers with the ability to automate tasks through integrations. Dubsado is best suited if your business needs project management tools, time tracking, proposals & invoices with CRM capabilities.
Small and medium businesses and Freelancers.
Pricing starts at $35/month and there is an unlimited free trial.
- It has a lot of features and customizations available.
- You can also use the tool for free up to 3 clients which is great if you’re starting.
- Customizable fillable forms
- Automation and scheduler function.
- Ability to create Client Portals
- White-label branding ability
- Amazing customer service
- Some user reviews noted that there can be quite a learning curve to start using the tool and the user interface can be cluttered at times.
- There’s also no mobile app.
- The software is constantly having bugs and errors.
- The steep learning curve at first.
Manage client access to your tasks and projects, update them on your progress, and keep them informed. All communication takes place in one place, so you don't have to sift through emails and chats for bits and pieces.
You can also invoice your clients directly from the project! This is where you do Real Work in front of your clients, and they can see it! You can create customizable pricing options for your services.
Active Collab is best suited if you need to collaborate on tasks and projects. It also has an easy drag and drops feature that lets you integrate with many file types including printable forms.
White labeling of your accounts and branding support. Includes live chat support which is great for customer inquiries and for managing & collaborating on projects with clients.
Small and medium organizations and teams.
Pricing starts at $9/month (for up to 3 members) for the Plus plan or $7 per member. They also have a free plan which is great for personal use (with up to 3 seats).
- The tool is focused on project management and collaboration with extensive features such as recurring tasks, templates, calendars, reports, and customizations.
- Great tool for managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Great dashboard, different types of reports, milestone preview.
- Clean UI and superb UX that makes onboarding new, casual users a breeze.
- There is no white label client portal software.
- There are no forms (apart from estimates) or contracts/proposals.
- While pricing may seem low, if you have a lot of clients it can become a very expensive solution.
- Lack of integration with Git or another version of the control system.
- Upgrades have been a bit buggy and while the team is responsive.
ManyRequests is a client portal software with a project management tool, billing, checkout forms. The tool is best suited for agencies and service-based businesses that want a fully customizable portal for their clients.
ManyRequests tools are best suited for agencies and medium businesses that want a fully customizable portal for their clients. It is a self-hosted portal so it's free from the limitations of SaaS products. It offers full control over all data, projects, and clients.
The tool can be used for 10 projects with 2GB storage space. It has basic features such as security settings and white-label branding ability.
Small, medium businesses and agencies.
Pricing starts at $59/month (for up to 2 user accounts) for the Starter plan.
- The user interface is very modern and clean. It makes it very easy to implement for your business.
- The tool is fully Whitelabel. You can use your domain, email, logo, branding.
- You can automate everything with Zapier and connect with your existing tools.
- New integrations are released regularly.
- Fast support (same business day) and custom features are available to fully fit your workflow.
- The app features several integrations (including Zapier) but doesn’t have a public API (yet).
- Doesn’t support translations yet, however, this is part of their roadmap.
17hats is a business process automation solution. It's a tool designed for small businesses with fewer employees to manage operations like billing, scheduling, and meetings without relying too heavily on paper.
17hats solutions allow you to concentrate solely on your task. As a result, motivated individuals working alone can considerably profit from this tool. Photographers, in particular, have found 17hats to be a very valuable tool for managing all of the processes required when dealing with various clientele.
17hats has a feature-rich billing feature that lets your clients pay for your services. 17hats is a cloud service with project management tools and powerful billing features. The tool is fully customizable and lets you send invoices.
Entrepreneurs with small companies.
Pricing starts at $13/month for the Level One Plan (Free CRM included for life).
- PLUS everything is automated.
- Create invoices and automate monthly billing.
- Supports multiple users.
- Integrates with several payment gateways to automate payments.
- All-in-one solution for booking, invoicing, and workflow management.
- It sucks when it comes to project management for production companies.
- Customer service is only via text messaging or email and responses take up to 3 hours.
- The booking function doesn't have all the features.
- The quality of their bookkeeping is not as thorough or beneficial as other accounting software.
monday.com is an open platform that connects teams with custom-built solutions to break down communication barriers, advance projects, and align everyone engaged.
All progress updates, budget approvals, and more are accessible from a single platform, allowing you to understand where all of your team's work stands at a glance. You and your team keep track of every detail, plan, and never miss a deadline.
You can create a library of templates for various projects and teams. You can also save your custom views for easier access in the future.
It lets you access vital information and make better data-driven decisions quickly whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go without wifi.
A multitude of teams, big, small, and cross-functional, in a variety of industries worldwide.
Pricing starts from Free Plan with 2 seats, unlimited boards, and 200+ templates.
- Automations and the ease of collaborating across boards and tasks.
- Easy to track the progress of every project
- The drag and drop feature is the best.
- The customer support team is Stellar!
- The “Infoboxes" feature is limited.
- Pricing is very confusing and it was very hard at the beginning to figure out.
- Absence of a "repeating or scheduled task".
- The reporting mechanism is not on point.
Plutio is a small business and freelancer-friendly all-in-one business management software. It's an easy-to-use platform with advanced tools that let users manage their businesses, communicate with consumers, and interact with teams all in one location.
The platform is well-known for being a dependable, well-organized, and simple-to-use productivity tool. Plutio is all-inclusive. This means that it doesn't charge transaction fees or have hidden charges tacked on for some random reason.
You won't have great for small businesses and freelancers who want to simplify tasks and get more done in the process.
Plutio is a highly customizable software that includes everything a user could need, from projects and tasks to proposals and invoicing features.
To run a business, the software eliminates the need to switch between various apps or handle multiple subscriptions. Plutio combines all of the tools into one platform, allowing users to integrate their existing apps with a single click.
Pricing starts at $15/month which is very accessible for freelancers. Add-ons start from $9/month.
- Nice proposal capability, can auto-generate a project with tasks
- Their interface is very sleek and easy to use.
- The founder of the tool, Leo Bassam, is constantly releasing new features.
- It features templates so you can save time when making contracts and proposals.
- It is feature-packed and the team behind it is very active.
- It seems mostly geared towards freelancers. If you run an agency and have a lot of internal collaboration, the tool might not be the best suited for that purpose.
- The inability to easily change the view of a project board (this is a feature available in other project management tools).
- The inability to do a stopwatch within the platform to keep track of the time.
- It was a little difficult to get things set up initially, but the software has evolved so much since then that I doubt new users feel that way.
Salesmate helps businesses close more deals faster. It's an easy-to-use interface and automated workflows let your sales team focus on the right deals at the right time. Never miss a beat and start closing more deals.
Salesmate is a CRM and some others use the full Salesmate platform to manage deals, pipelines, and contacts. They say that is why features like flags and custom fields are only available in the full deal management package.
The ability to drag and drop people directly into a favorite feature of this software is the chat and flag capabilities. Its features include the ability to integrate with other services and platforms such as Slack and Asana and create automated workflows.
It has a nice user interface, so the ability to have a custom domain is essential for us. The product is relatively new but it has amazing potential contacts are in the UK or Australia, so it's great that they can call us toll-free.
Some of our hottest features: -
Built-in Calling w/ Power Dialer - Email Drip Sequences - Workflow Automation (Auto-assign touchpoints & follow-ups with prospects & clients).
Sales teams, small and medium businesses.
Pricing starts at $12/month (per user) from the Starter Plan with basic features.
- Ability to send bulk email and bulk text/SMS.
- Much more affordable and comes with great support.
- Great follow-up features.
- Pipeline Graphic is easily accessible and digestible.
- It took a little time to get comfortable.
- Email isn't perfectly reliable.
- A limited number of emails.
- Reports are hard to read. Information given isn't always accurate.
- The data sharing capabilities could be improved.
The alternatives for Hello Bonsai are useful and they can help freelancers and small businesses with their management needs.
The most popular alternatives are listed above and you can either choose one or make your list depending on what you need.
What matters is to make the best decision for your business. If you are not happy with Hello Bonsai, try one of these 10 alternatives and you will be satisfied.
Find the perfect fit for your company and you will finally have the freedom to do what you want. Make your business grow without being restricted by any limits.