Expensify is a well-known expense management software that has been in the market for many years. It was originally designed to simplify travel and business expenses, making it easier for individuals and businesses alike.
The company’s technology has not changed much over the past few years, however their competitors have drastically improved with better features and user interfaces.
In this article we will look at 6 top Expensify alternatives which you might want to consider instead of using Expensify as your main expense management solution.
1. SAP Concur
SAP Concur is one of the most popular Expensify alternatives with a very similar toolset. Concur has been in the market for almost as long as Expensify and is well-known for its powerful expense management solution.
Concur offers an easy to use mobile app, which allows employees check their current expenses and submit reports on the go from anywhere around the world.
Their user interface is simple, intuitive and clean. It’s very easy to navigate through the website or app which will make your life easier as an employee or manager of any company.
Concur offers a free version of their solution if you are only planning to use it for personal expenses; however, this software can be used for business expenses as well.
- Mobile app for employees to submit reports anytime, anywhere.
- Expense approvals through email.
- Automatic mileage tracking.
- Customizable expense types with sub-categories.
- Dashboard summary of all your expenses in one place.
- Ability to integrate Concur into other applications such as Zendesk or Freshdesk.
As you can see, Concur has almost the same features as Expensify and many more that are very useful for both employees and managers’ workflows. Since SAP is a huge company with great reputation in technology industry, it would be safe to say that their software will only become better over time which means your business.
Bonsai is a cloud-based expense management software with very powerful features.
Bonsai is ideal for small businesses, contractors and freelancers who are looking to simplify their expenses process without losing any functionality of Expensify or Concur.
Their user interface is simple but allows you do everything that other leading applications can do without having too many unnecessary bells and whistles.
One of the best features when it comes to Bonsai is their custom expense types, which allows you add an unlimited number of expenses according to your own needs.
This feature isn’t available in any other Expensify alternative so if this was one of your requirements when choosing a tool for managing your expenses, Bonsai is a perfect solution.
- Simple user interface which makes it easy to navigate through the software and do your expenses quickly.
- Reminders for quarterly taxes and easy expense approvals.
- Manages Clients and creates legally binding contracts.
Bonsai also offers a free plan which allows you to use their software for personal expenses. If your business is not big enough and you are looking for something that will fit both individual employees’ needs as well company, then this is a great choice.
3. Zoho Expense
Zoho Expense is a great alternative to both Concur and Expensify. This expense management solution comes with very powerful features, an easy to use interface as well as many different integrations which will make your life easier when it comes to submitting expenses.
It speeds up the entire process of submitting expenses and getting them approved. If your business uses Zoho CRM, Salesforce or any other application you can easily integrate it with Expense software to make approval processes even faster.
Additionally, if you are looking for an email management solution for your company then integrating Zoho mail with expense tracking app will save you a lot of time.
Zoho Expense offers free plan for personal use and comes with all the basic functions you would need to manage your expenses on a daily basis.
- It offers you to create and manage unlimited expense types
- It also allows you to attach receipts, photos or any other files that can assist with your tax filing process.
- Easy expense approvals with email notifications
- Automatic expense processing and tracking
As you can see, Zoho Expense comes with almost everything that other solutions on this list have so it is definitely worth checking out.
It might not be the best alternative to Expensify but if your business needs are more than basic then give it a shot as its free plan is great for individual users and it might be just the thing your business needs.
Freshbooks is the most popular online accounting solution for small businesses and freelancers mainly because it bills by the hour. It is designed for freelancers who do not have too many clients to manage.
Freshbooks pricing is known for its affordability as it comes with four subscription pricing plans, which range from $15 to $20 or more depending on the number of billable clients.
One of the best features when it comes to Freshbooks is their custom expenses types that allow you add an unlimited number of your own expense types according to your business needs and personal preferences.
This feature isn’t available in any other Expensify alternative so if this was one of your requirements when choosing a tool for managing your expenses, Freshbooks is a perfect solution.
- Freshbook allows you to track all the items like expenses, clients and projects.
- With its powerful invoice system, Freshbooks makes it easy for you to create professional looking invoices within minutes.
- You can set up recurring bills so you don’t have to worry about sending them every month or week as the software will do it automatically for you.
Freshbooks will save you a lot of time as all the data that is tracked in Expensify will be automatically synced with these two applications.
You can even choose to invoice clients using FreshBooks once an expense has been approved by them which makes managing expenses and invoicing clients a lot easier.
Fyle is a cloud-based expense tracking software which makes it easy for teams to track expenses, monitor budgets and automate the entire process of submitting travel claims.
This solution has user-friendly interface that is especially designed for individuals who are constantly on the move so they can easily submit their work related expenses with just one click.
With Fyle you can easily track all your expenses and you’ll be able to see how much money you spend on each project or even per client.
Fyle is also one of the best Expensify alternatives when it comes to reporting features, as this solution offers a wide range of reports that can answer almost any question related to tracking your company finances .
- Fyle allows you to create custom expense types according to your company needs.
- It also has user-friendly interface that helps its users easily manage their expenses and tasks without prior experience in Expensify or any other similar software.
- You can track all the time spent on different tasks, services bought by your team, hours worked by different employees and much more.
If you are looking for a solution that can help your business save time, money and effort then go with Fyle as it comes with dedicated support team that is always ready to answer all your questions related to the application’s performance or any other technical issues you might have during its usage.
If you are a freelancer or own your business, then QuickBooks is the perfect solution for you.
This software has been designed specifically to meet all the needs of small businesses owners and self-employed professionals as it offers an easy way to manage finances without any hassle .
It’s simple to use interface allows its users to track their income and expenses with just a few clicks.
Once you have logged in, QuickBooks automatically generates reports that will allow you answer any question related to your business performance or even personal finances.
You can easily export the data from this application so it’s compatible with almost any other software that you might use on daily basis.
- QuickBooks offers compatibility with different file types like .QBO, .QBW and .qbm.
- It also has user-friendly interface that can be easily customized to fit any needs.
- This solution allows you keep track of all the expenses and income related to your business or personal life.
- You’ll even get access to reports like Statement of Cash Flows, Balance Sheet etc., which will help you better understand how your business is performing.
If you are looking for a solution that can help your small business stay organized and on the right track then QuickBooks should be your first choice as it offers powerful reporting features, user-friendly interface and high security standards needed to protect all the sensitive data related to both of these aspects.
The above mentioned solutions are some of the best Expensify alternatives available on the market and they all offer amazing set of features that will help you better organize your business.
Each one has its strong points and you’ll be able to find the best Expensify alternative that will meet all your needs by trying out a free trial version of each solution.
In addition, most cloud-based expense management apps offer great customer support which is always ready to answer any question related to their software or help you solve problems encountered during its usage.
This is very helpful when it comes to saving time and effort that you would have spent on researching the best Expensify alternative for your needs.
Running an agency?
Clientvenue is an all-in-one client portal and client requests management software.Learn more