What is Bloom.io?
Bloom is the easiest platform to streamline booking, invoicing, and communication with your clientele. It exists to help creatives run an efficient and profitable online business.
It built a powerful business management and growth toolset, giving creatives access to modern and robust technology, all in one place.
Agencies and freelancers.
Pricing starts with Free Plan for the Starter (with 1 active project/bookings), Standard Plan starts at $39/month (with unlimited active projects/bookings).
- Sleek and easy-to-use interface.
- Built-in website chat messenger.
- Revolutionary forms that do the selling for you.
- Includes a website builder and image galleries.
- Currently, the app is only available on iOS.
- The website builder is still in Beta.
- No Multiple brands and multi-user support.
Since Bloom isn't perfect there exist many alternatives. Here are the most notable of them which I have personally used
Dubsado is an all-in-one business management tool that lets you send contracts and invoices, manage projects, create questionnaires and other forms, track time, send and receive emails, and so much more all from one app.
Small and medium businesses and Freelancers
Pricing starts at $35/month and there is an unlimited free trial.
- It is a visual collaboration platform that allows teams to manage projects, communicate effectively, and stay on top of change. It’s based on the idea that by combining visuals with data you can transform complex business processes into simple workflows.
- With Dubsado you can improve work efficiency and develop better customer relations by eliminating task management, time tracking, and other tedious tasks.
- It turns your time into money. It’s available on both desktop and mobile devices so you can manage your schedule anywhere anytime. It’s easy to use, can be accessed from any web browser, and integrates with Google Calendar.
- It has a lot of features and customizations available.
- You can also use the tool for free up to 3 clients which is great if you’re starting.
- Customizable fillable forms
- Automation and scheduler function.
- Ability to create Client Portals
- White-label branding ability
- Amazing customer service
- Some user reviews noted that there can be quite a learning curve to start using the tool and the user interface can be cluttered at times.
- There’s also no mobile app.
- The software is constantly having bugs and errors.
- The steep learning curve at first.
2. Studio Ninja
Studio Ninja is an end-to-end client management software designed for busy photographers. Extremely user-friendly, it takes less than 30 minutes to set up. Increase your bookings with customizable workflows, automated emails, and easy payment plans.
It helps photographers all over the world make bigger sales, remove stress and free up valuable time by managing their leads, shoots, invoices and quotes, contracts, workflows and so much more.
The software is primarily designed for photographers (wedding, portrait, event, commercial, etc) but is also great for small businesses, entrepreneurs, and sole traders.
Pricing starts at $20.75/month for Pro Annual Plan (1 company), and Pro Monthly Plan starts from $24.90/month.
- You can estimate your client’s price in advance and then send them a quote to secure the booking.
- Let's you manage all of your shoots from leads, to shooting, editing, and delivering images, along with time-stamped tasks that are automatically added to your calendar.
- Create and send your custom contract as a PDF to the client.
- Accept online payments, credit cards, or bank transfers via Stripe and Paypal.
- Studio Ninja makes it easy to capture new leads with automated email requests.
- Allows you to connect your Facebook fan page with Studio Ninja.
- Offer different pricing, packages, and print products via PayPal, Stripe, or Authorize.net payment gateways on the fly whenever you need it. You can also find great deals on your favorite prints & canvas.
- Great for small businesses or those, not super computer savvy.
- They are listening to what their clients are interested in and constantly updating the platform.
- Studio Ninja perfectly blends all my customer-related needs into one amazing place.
- Pretty to look at and has some great potential as a CRM.
- Automation email only sends it to the client, there's no way to have a reminder email sent to any other address.
- Sometimes some errors don't provide solutions.
- It takes a while to set up the whole thing.
- Its automation and customization is a bit lacking
ClientVenue is an end-to-end solution for businesses that are looking to deliver productized services for their clients. It helps agencies and freelancers in managing their clients in an end-to-end format. Right from first contact to managing invoices and managing monthly revenue.
Small and medium businesses, agencies, and freelancers
Pricing starts at $39/month with (unlimited clients) at Lite Plan
- Easily manage your invoices and create quotes.
- Automate email follow-ups with the auto-responder function.
- Comprehensive reporting tools to help you grow your business.
- Supports multiple currencies & languages to make it accessible all over the world.
- It has an amazing user interface that’s detailed and very easy to understand.
- ClientVenue is the only software that covers all requirements of a bookings platform.
- Very professional and sleek design, not just for clients but also for team members.
- Slack integration
- White labeling your Agency Portal
- Using Custom Webhooks
- Setting up Email Notifications
- Easy integration with stripe
- Incredible customer support
- It is a new tool and has fewer customizations options.
- The only feature missing is accounting integration.
- The visual design also feels a little flat and boring with limited options.
HoneyBook is a client management software especially for photographers, small businesses, and freelancers to book more clients, manage projects, and get payments all in one spot. You can automate your busy work and remain on top of all your to-dos with our company management software, saving time and money so you can develop your business.
It's like your own personal assistant. Small business owners and freelancers have tripled their bookings and saved multiple hours a day using HoneyBook tools.
Graphic designers, DJs, photographers, business coaches, web designers, consultants, florists, caterers, videographers, calligraphers, business coaches, health & wellness professionals, etc.
Pricing starts at $9/month (with up to $10k in transactions) and there is a 7-day free trial.
HoneyBook makes you look like a brand.
Offers monthly and yearly plans to choose from so you don't have to worry about wasting money on unused features.
You can create up to 20 clients and 10 projects with the Starter plan, while Pro gives you 50 Clients and 30 Projects.
It's easy to use
Offers great automation features for clients and team members.
HoneyBook pricing is affordable & suits the needs of all business types.
Aesthetic interface with limited features which eventually expand as you grow your bookings.
- You can visually track projects from start to finish.
- Its UI is sleek and very easy to use.
- It also features a mobile app that is both available on iOS and Android to help you manage your business on the go.
- It is good for creative entrepreneurs to manage their whole working process.
- Professionalism and ease of sight features.
- The biggest downside of HoneyBook is the lack of payment integrations. There is no Stripe or PayPal integration and you are tied to using their payment gateway.
- There’s only a 7-day trial, which might be too short to fully test the tool.
- The email feature within HoneyBook can be a bit confusing.
Hello Bonsai is a project management tool for freelancers. It offers freelance proposals and contracts. It handles your freelance invoices and payments. It helps you with tracking your expenses. It helps you manage your clients and leads. Also, it’s a project management app and time tracker. Essentially, Hello Bonsai is designed to help you with every aspect of your freelancing.
Pricing starts at $19/month and there’s a 14-day free trial.
Small businesses and Freelancers
Very affordable plans. Plans start at only $19/month which is extremely good for small businesses.
It has an intuitive user interface with full details of your earnings, expenses, etc. on one screen.
You can get productive right away since it has pre-defined templates for contracts & invoices that will save you time.
It has a drag and drop interface which helps you easily rearrange your tasks.
Its free plan limits your companies to only 3 users. But the other two plans are very affordable - $19/month for 5 users and $49/month for 20 users!
- It's very feature-rich.
- It also has a comprehensive tax and accounting system (which you must purchase as an add-on), which can save you a lot of time.
- They have an iOS and Android app as well.
- The application is designed for freelancers.
- It may not be the best tool for managing an agency if you have a large number of team members or tasks.
Manage client access to your tasks and projects, update them on your progress, and keep them informed. All communication takes place in one place, so you don't have to sift through emails and chats for bits and pieces. You can also invoice your clients directly from the project! This is where you do Real Work in front of your clients, and they can see it!
Small and medium organizations and teams.
Pricing starts at $9/month (for up to 3 members) for the Plus plan or $7 per member. They also have a free plan which is great for personal use (with up to 3 seats).
ActiveCollab has a clean interface with good accessibility options.
It also has some great time tracking tools within it so you don't have to open another tool to track your progress.
Available on both Desktop and Mobile with a very intuitive design.
Simple and yet powerful time tracking tool which is available in the dashboard itself and doesn't require another tab in your browser.
The free plan is very generous and great for beginners.
It has a great set of integrations which includes Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- The tool is focused on project management and collaboration with extensive features such as recurring tasks, templates, calendars, reports, and customizations.
- Great tool for managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Great dashboard, different types of reports, milestone preview.
- Clean UI and superb UX that makes onboarding new, casual users a breeze.
- There is no white label client portal software.
- There are no forms (apart from estimates) or contracts/proposals.
- While pricing may seem low, if you have a lot of clients it can become a very expensive solution.
- Lack of integration with Git or another version of the control system.
- Upgrades have been a bit buggy and while the team is responsive.
ManyRequests is a client portal software with a project management tool, billing, checkout forms. The tool is best suited for agencies and service-based businesses that want a fully customizable portal for their clients.
Small, medium businesses and agencies.
Pricing starts at $59/month (for up to 2 user accounts) for the Starter plan.
Very useful product with a lot of features.
It also has a free plan which is great for personal testing.
It has a very useful calendar and Gantt chart to help with project management.
The checkout system, user accounts, etc. are also well-implemented.
It's the only tool in the list with a true white label option. You can design your website and integrate it into ManyRequests.
Great for all kinds of services, especially creative ones.
- The user interface is very modern and clean. It makes it very easy to implement for your business.
- The tool is fully Whitelabel. You can use your domain, email, logo, branding.
- You can automate everything with Zapier and connect with your existing tools.
- New integrations are released regularly.
- Fast support (same business day) and custom features are available to fully fit your workflow.
- The app features several integrations (including Zapier) but doesn’t have a public API (yet)
- Doesn’t support translations yet, however, this is part of their roadmap.
17hats is a business process automation solution. It's a tool designed for small businesses with fewer employees to manage operations like billing, scheduling, and meetings without relying too heavily on paper.
17hats solutions allow you to concentrate solely on your task. As a result, motivated individuals working alone can considerably profit from this tool. Photographers, in particular, have found 17hats to be a very valuable tool for managing all of the processes required when dealing with various clientele.
Entrepreneurs with small companies.
Pricing starts at $13/month for the Level One Plan (Free CRM included for life).
- All you need is your email address to get started.
- Team collaboration is very good, especially with the integration of Asana.
- You can create projects and keep track of tasks with workflow views. There are different stages of project development available for teams at every stage in the lifecycle of the client.
- 17Hats is very customizable (forms, reports).
- You can create your workflow for your clients to make sure they don't miss any step in the process.
- PLUS everything is automated.
- Create invoices and automate monthly billing.
- Supports multiple users.
- Integrates with several payment gateways to automate payments.
- All-in-one solution for booking, invoicing, and workflow management.
- It sucks when it comes to project management for production companies.
- Customer service is only via text messaging or email and responses take up to 3 hours.
- The booking function doesn't have all the features.
- The quality of their bookkeeping is not as thorough or beneficial as other accounting software.
monday.com is an open platform that connects teams with custom-built solutions to break down communication barriers, advance projects, and align everyone engaged. All progress updates, budget approvals, and more are accessible from a single platform, allowing you to understand where all of your team's work stands at a glance.
It lets you access vital information and make better data-driven decisions quickly whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go without wifi.
A multitude of teams, big, small, and cross-functional, in a variety of industries worldwide.
Pricing starts from Free Plan with 2 seats, unlimited boards, and 200+ templates.
- Customizable dashboards.
- Various integrations to connect with other tools you use.
- The app is always busy loading which could be caused by the free plan limitations or its design.
- You can create templates to speed up your workflow by not re-doing the same tasks from scratch every time.
- Automations and the ease of collaborating across boards and tasks.
- Easy to track the progress of every project
- The drag and drop feature is the best.
- The customer support team is Stellar!
- The “Infoboxes" feature is limited.
- Pricing is very confusing and it was very hard at the beginning to figure out.
- Absence of a "repeating or scheduled task".
- The reporting mechanism is not on point.
Plutio is a small business and freelancer-friendly all-in-one business management software. It's an easy-to-use platform with advanced tools that let users manage their businesses, communicate with consumers, and interact with teams all in one location. The platform is well-known for being a dependable, well-organized, and simple-to-use productivity tool.
Plutio is a highly customizable software that includes everything a user could need, from projects and tasks to proposals and invoicing features. To run a business, the software eliminates the need to switch between various apps or handle multiple subscriptions. Plutio combines all of the tools into one platform, allowing users to integrate their existing apps with a single click.
Pricing starts at $15/month which is very accessible for freelancers. Add-ons start from $9/month.
- Good analytics and reporting.
- Good features and user-friendly app.
- Pricing is above the competition which means they are not competitive enough compared to other apps on the market.
- Easy to use for both technical and non-technical people (it's very simple).
- Nice proposal capability, can auto-generate a project with tasks
- Their interface is very sleek and easy to use.
- The founder of the tool, Leo Bassam, is constantly releasing new features.
- It features templates so you can save time when making contracts and proposals.
- It is feature-packed and the team behind it is very active.
- It seems mostly geared towards freelancers. If you run an agency and have a lot of internal collaboration, the tool might not be the best suited for that purpose.
- The inability to easily change the view of a project board (this is a feature available in other project management tools).
- The inability to do a stopwatch within the platform to keep track of the time.
- It was a little difficult to get things set up initially, but the software has evolved so much since then that I doubt new users feel that way.
Wizeline is software that helps product managers, engineers, and marketers streamline their workload. Your team can collaborate more easily with Wizeline's integrated tools for managing projects, including features such as instant messaging, file sharing, and time tracking.
It also offers customer support 24/7 through email and social media platforms. It has a free-trial period and prices starting at $25 per month.
To-do lists and tasks: with the number of activities you have daily, you can cover all your bases by completing them on time. This will help in attaining business goals and meeting deadlines.
- File sharing: Wizeline has an advanced file sharing feature where you can access and share your files anywhere. You can also upload new files anytime, even from a mobile phone or tablet.
- Notifications: communicate with team members about project updates.
- Real-time tracking: monitor progress of all activities in a single view, so everyone is on the same page.
The tool is best suited for big businesses. While other tools are geared towards small businesses, Wizeline caters to the needs of large organizations. It does not come with a free trial for new users and pricing starts at $25 per month.
Pipedrive helps sales teams manage their leads and close deals faster, with a platform designed to help boost your sales performance. The tool allows you to create a pipeline list of all your leads and follow up on them in a single view.
1. Manage contacts better: Pipedrive helps keep track of your sales process by organizing it into stages within each pipeline, so accounts can easily move through your sales cycle.
2. Create custom fields: Customize the information you want to track for each lead or account, so you can easily manage your pipeline, schedule meetings/calls, prioritize tasks, and set reminders.
3. Integrations: Pipedrive offers integration with third-party tools including Slack, Google Drive, and Zapier.
There is a free 30-day trial for new users before you're charged $12/month to use the tool. There are no limits on the number of accounts or pipelines a user can have.
13. Hubstaff Tasks
Hubstaff Tasks allows you to track time, manage projects, and collaborate with your team members. It is a feature-rich tool that will provide you with all the info you need to help run your business smoothly.
1. Screen capturing feature: capture snapshots of activity on your screen; this way it's easy to keep track of time spent on different projects.
2. Time tracking: monitor how long each task takes, set tasks to auto-track in the background, and export reports via CSV or PDF format.
3. Multi-user support: add team members to your account so they can easily communicate with you and work on assigned tasks together in real-time.
4. Task delegation: assign tasks to your team members within Hubstaff Tasks, so you can focus on other tasks while they handle what needs to be done.
5. File sharing: share files with your team members without leaving the platform via Drag & Drop feature.
There are many options when it comes to choosing the best tool for managing your business, so be sure to check out all the features of each platform before making up your mind.
Choose the one that best fits your business needs and budget. It is in your best interest to choose a trusted and reliable tool with an active online community, as you'll be able to easily find help or get any issues resolved.
Running an agency?
Clientvenue is an all-in-one client portal and client requests management software.Learn more