Online ads are a powerful marketing tool that can help grow your business. They allow you to target a specific audience with the right message at the right time and place, all while reaching customers who might not be aware of your products or services otherwise.
But how do you make online advertising work for your company? The key is in knowing the strategies best suited for success.
In this post, we will discuss some effective strategies that will help generate more revenue and increase awareness of your brand across the internet!
What is Online Advertising?
Online Advertising is a broad term that includes a number of different strategies and tactics. When you see an advertisement on Facebook or Google, this is generally considered a form of online advertising.
These ads are targeted towards users depending on their location, interests, search history, etc. This allows marketers to get more bang for their buck because the ad only reaches people who have a genuine interest.
An example of a traditional online ad is Google Adwords, this allows advertisers to pay for their ads to be displayed on relevant search result pages when users enter certain keywords in the search bar.
Online advertising can also include things like social media ads and influencer marketing campaigns which we will discuss later!
How Can Online Advertising Work for You?
There are so many benefits to advertising your business or product on the internet. It allows you to reach a much wider audience than traditional marketing campaigns, whether that is in print media like newspapers and magazines or even billboards and TV commercials.
Online ads also allow you to target your audience and connect with them on a deeper level than other forms of advertising.
Because these ads are connected directly to search results or social media, the ad copy can be very specific and relevant to that user’s interests which means they will have a higher chance of being clicked!
Different types of Online Advertising
There are many different types of online ads that you can choose from. We have listed some below, although this list is by no means exhaustive!
- Display Ads - Display advertising refers to the use of banner ads on publisher websites or social media channels like Facebook and Instagram.
- Sponsored posts – This form of marketing involves partnering with influencers to share your product or service with their following.
- Social Media Ads – This is a form of the sponsored post where marketers pay for social media influencers to promote their products and services on Facebook, Twitter, etc. It can be hard-hitting (e.g., offering free samples) or subtle (e.g., including an affiliate link within the post).
- Affiliate Marketing – This is where marketers offer a commission to an influencer in exchange for them promoting their products. For example, when a user clicks on your affiliate link and purchases the product you will get paid!
- Content Marketing – This is where marketers create and share content with their audience in the hope that it will be shared across social media. If a user likes or shares your post then they are essentially promoting you to all of their followers!
- Email Marketing – This is where marketers send emails with promotions or announcements directly to their customers’ inboxes. The best-performing email marketing tactics use CTA (Call To Action) buttons that encourage customers to purchase your product.
What are the strategies best suited for success?
1. Research Your Target Market
Before creating your online ad strategy it is important to do research on who you want to reach and where they spend their time.
For example, if you are a plumber in New York City your target market is going to be quite different from one that sells yoga pants online.
If you have a general idea of the age demographic and interests of this group then you can create ads specifically targeted towards them!
2. Use Social Media Advertising Platforms
Facebook’s advertising platform allows for some pretty powerful options such as retargeting users with ads that follow them around the web.
This is especially useful for products or services that people may want to purchase later like vacations, furniture, etc. Choosing the right platform and ad type is crucial and requires a good amount of research.
3. Build Your Audience
Online advertising allows marketers to build audiences by targeting specific demographics and interests.
This means that your ads will only appear in front of people who have a genuine interest, which makes them more likely to click!
4. Increase Traffic to your Website
Depending on the type of ad you’re running, online advertising can be a great way to drive more people to your website. This is especially true for pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns because advertisers only get charged when users click on their ad!
With PPC, you only pay when people take the intended action and come to your website which can be a great investment if done correctly.
5. Make Your Business More Trustworthy
Building trust between your business and potential customers can be difficult but it is one of the most important factors when it comes to how users respond to your ads.
One way you can use online advertising is by creating content that builds trust, establishes authority, and offers good advice or insights into a topic. This will encourage people to not only click on your ad but also share it with their friends!
6. Increase Brand Awareness
Online ads are a great way to introduce people to your brand, increase the name recognition of your company and let them know you exist.
If users have heard about your business before they may be more likely to try it out themselves! This is why online ad campaigns often start with awareness-building strategies that include branding and positioning ads.
7. Consistency is Key
Online advertising is not a one-and-done strategy, it requires ongoing investment in order to achieve success.
Ads should be tested continually by changing the copy or imagery of ads when they are underperforming so that you’re always getting the best possible return on your ad spend!
This is why it’s important to track data about who your ads are reaching and if they’re actually leading to the conversions you want.
What are the benefits of online ads?
The Benefits of Online Advertising are
- Reach - The internet has nearly every single person on it! This means that if your target market uses social media or searches through Google then you can reach them with an ad campaign, as long as they are using the internet.
- Targeting - Because of how targeted online ads can be it is possible to reach people who are interested in what you have to offer instead of wasting money on users that don’t care about your company or products! This also means more conversions which leads us to our next point.
- Conversions - With an effective ad campaign you can build trust with potential customers which makes it easier for them to buy from your business. This will lead to more conversions and help your bottom line.
- Skyrocket your sales - One of the most obvious benefits of online advertising is that it can be used as a sales tool. Targeting potential customers with ads based on their interests, demographics, and location helps you increase your audience so they are more likely to convert! This means people who have already shown interest in what you’re selling are much more likely to buy.
How to increase conversion rates?
Increase Conversion Rates with these Tips:
1. Create a Landing Page
Adding a landing page to your website is an essential part of advertising online. When people click on your ad they should be immediately directed to this page where you can present them with the information they need, quickly and easily.
This also allows for more conversions because it is much easier for people to make a purchase when they don’t have to navigate through your website.
2. Offer Promotions
People love deals! And online advertising is another great way to offer promotions and discounts that will entice new customers and help with conversions at the same time.
This can be done by running PPC campaigns with offers or discounts or by using social media to promote special promotions.
3. Use Good, Relevant Content
Online ads are much like any other kind of marketing in that they will only be effective if you’re presenting your audience with the information they want and need.
This means creating content that is relevant to what you sell or offer as well as informative and helpful. This will create more trust between your business and potential customers which makes it easier for them to buy from you!
4. Use the Right Platforms
Pick where you want your ads to show up carefully, as each platform may perform differently in terms of engagement depending on factors like what kind of device people are using when they see your ad or what kind of content is being presented.
Some platforms also have specific guidelines so make sure you’re following them to ensure your ads are approved and seen by the most people!
With an effective ad campaign, you can build trust with potential customers which makes it easier for them to buy from your business. This will lead to more conversions and help your bottom line.
The internet has completely changed the way we advertise products and services, especially for small businesses that do not have the budget or resources to compete with larger companies.
This means that you can now reach a much wider audience than ever before which makes it easier for your business to get the word out and sell your products! Online advertising can help you skyrocket your sales in a way that was not possible before.
Running an agency?
Clientvenue is an all-in-one client portal and client requests management software.Learn more